Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm an AR15 owner, now what?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by packrat View Post
    Greetings,
    There are "Black Rifles" on the market that exceed "Mil-Spec" quality.
    The problem with this statement is that almost none of these manufacturers that CLAIM to "exceed 'Mil-Spec'" actually do so. Meaning they are either liars or morons.

Feedback Score
    Robb, I read and re-read your post with interest. Being I didn't know much about the AR, I wanted to make sure I knew all I could before spending the money on one.

I took a course on AR's at a local range. This allowed me to hold and shoot two different AR'S made by two different Manufacturers. The Instructor was an
    Ex-Military Weapons Instructor in the Army. This Instructor gave me enough information on the various AR's on the market today, he did tell me by brand which ones to stay away from, but in no way swayed me into a certain make. After talking to him about some of what you said I ended up purchasing my AR a few weeks ago.

I purchased a Colt AR, LE, 6920. This rifle will definitely handle the small amount of shooting I plan on doing this year until I become a member of the local range. Once that happens I plan on doing a lot more shooting. So I figured I'd spend the money now and get what I wanted, and what would do the job. Plus of course I did read your post and wanted to thank you for doing people like myself a favor.

I know with the information you provided to us, plus what I learned from the Instructor I believe I made an educated choice, thanks to you both.

Thanks again! Great Info.
    Last edited by oldcrow; 08-18-09 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    Great article. Thank you, sir.
    A man's character is determined by how hard he fights for what he believes in.

Feedback Score
    Great article! I especially liked the section you did explaining the downsides of piston conversion rifles. I know several people that have converted their ARs to piston set-ups, thinking the AR platform should have been designed that way to start with. You really hit the nail on the head!
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score
    not to knock the chart, but this article made so much more sense to me! thanks for explaining the data behind the 'x's on the chart. I didn't know, for example, that shorter barrel length translates in to more parts wear and tear. good stuff!
    Last edited by ABN Monk; 08-19-09 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the info. Looking to buy Colts for my sons soon and this helped verify I was looking in the right area.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Great Info

Thank you for taking the time to share this info with us. I learned a great deal and took note because I new I would want to have it on hand fo future reference!

Feedback Score
    I wish that I would have read this a week ago before I bought my Stag. The Stag functions fine, but I will be getting a BCM carrier group and an H buffer for it. I will keep the Stag carrier group as a spare and also stake the carrier key. What they call staking looks more like witness marks. Thanks for the good info.

Feedback Score
    Great read.
    Thank youf for that info.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Now Im an AR15 owner now what

Theres a technical discussion in itself. What have you been tinkering with lately Jerry?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast