Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I'm an AR15 owner, now what?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    When I read this post title, I thought, This is exactly my question!

But when I opened it, it didn't answer my question. Can we add to the OP books and resources on how to take apart the AR15 so I can do some mods correctly the first time?

When I find threads on AR books, many dissenters find it untrustworthy.

Any references for a newb?
    what would you like to do?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Got a colt 6940.

Would like to add my new magpul sling with ASAP mount (gotta remove stock), for example... remove my stock sights for a front fixed and an HD rear folding site... that's a start.

I'm afraid if I just start tinkering, I'll screw something up and need to pay my local gunsmith to fix it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thank you, definitely a must read for new to AR owners. not as in depth as some tech weenies might want, but more than enough for my needs. gives me greater confidence in my choice not being a complete POS (bushmaster) just needs some TLC

Feedback Score
    Great read for AR owners... I just became a member here and the ammount of info is amazing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks for info answered most of my questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very informative thanks for the write up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I learned more about piston conversions in your post than reading numerous other entire threads and articles elsewhere. Thank you!

Feedback Score

Outstanding.

Had I discovered this thread earlier, I wouldn't have posted my last 2 threads. Thanks ever so much for the heads up!
    "See You In The Promised Land.... Arrivederci Baby!!!!"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Great write up... got me to pull the O-Ring from my mid-length gas BCM upper, and make sure I put one in my carbine-length RRA. (The RRA was bought first, before I knew what I was doing...I wish this site had been around in 2004 when I bought it.)

Also an excellent and balanced look at piston guns. It's hard to get a good take on what the real deal is with all the breathless articles about how awesome piston guns are with none of the tradeoffs.

Feedback Score
    What a great read.....I do have a question though. I had been shooting a bushy for the last year and this thing started doublefeeding on me and aslo is not locking back on a empty mag. I am not a expert with this system but take 3-4 carbine classes a year and of cource the one I shot this weekend is the day that these problems stated and I cant have this. I do alot of border work in area where the Cartel own the desert. I need this thing running . Are those two problems caused by the same bad part? And is this anything I might be ale to troubleshoot? (Something simple?)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast