Thread: SKS parts source

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SKS parts source

I got a sorta bubba’d SKS long ago, and I’m thinking about fixing it up. Is there a good place to get replacement parts anyone can recommend?

Feedback Score
    I have restored several SKS’s back to original configuration in the last few years. I just restored a paratrooper that I thought I received a good deal on. The only parts I could find were on Gunbroker. Near as I can tell any decent performance mods are long gone. I paid as much for some of the parts on this last build as I did complete rifles 10-15 years ago. My good deal kinda went downhill. The local gun shows were not much help as they seem to base their prices off GB. What are you looking for for this SKS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The usual, I need a factory stock and magazine.
    Last edited by Todd.K; 06-10-24 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The usual, I need a factory stock and magazine.
    Those items shouldn't be too hard to find.

Good ol' Sarco: https://www.sarcoinc.com/rifle-parts/sks/

The phenolic (i.e. polymer type) stocks are cool and weather resistant. If it were mine it would be one of those or try to find one of the blonde laminated ones. They are pretty sweet also. Hell, at the cost I'd probably get both. It's not like trying to buy two McMillans!

The blonde one I refer to looks like this: https://www.buymilsurp.com/index.php...mage&pID=41080 (yes it's a Russian SKS, but the Chinese had a similar stock that might have even been a tad lighter, but the pic is close nonetheless to what I was referring to)
    Last edited by ABNAK; 06-10-24 at 19:45.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Train 2 Win