Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Just as gay.
    Enough said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Freakdaddy:
    Sounds like you get it, no calling you a Fudd from me.
    Does that mean I have to sell the hat?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    Well, I guess you could call me a "Fudd" to a certain extent. I started off hunting and that's my primary passion. It was only last year I bought my first EBR and it has opened up a whole new realm for me. These things are a blast! I would like to take this moment to thank all the great members for providing such valuable information and insight on all the various tech aspects of all the equipment. It has helped make me a "wise and informed" consumer. Now, back on topic.

As stated, there are owners, shooters and I'd like to include enthusiasts in all fields regarding firearms and their intended purposes. Hunters are just as "tech savvy" as the rest. We get excited over a new GPS, rangefinder, trail cam, waterproofing or anything that can make us more successful. We appreciate the Light Optimization Profile on the Leupold VX-L to achieve the proper cheek weld when shooting. And yes, that new and improved Mallard decoy with the digital image transfer makes some of us grab a towel to clean ourselves up. I personally can't wait to see what new products come out of SHOT but there are many people in all fields that have no idea about this show or what it's about.

In all seriousness, I see the same thing here regarding new products/innovations or just building a better mousetrap. Look at all the vertical foregrips offered in not only the standard length but the "stubby" as well. We have one point, two point and three point slings with the latter being frowned upon. We have red lasers, green lasers, weapon mounted lights that strobe because they're better and the regualr ones just aren't cool anymore. Look at the excitement that stems from a new magazine design. The list goes on but I'm still learning . Is this really any different then that new over and under with hammer ejectors? I don't think so.

I personally think that the "Fudds" get a bad rap but unfortunately, this is the group that tends to "Zumbo" themselves the most. We don't seem to learn and Cooper is just the latest example. But not all hunters are "Fudds", not all AR owners are "Special Ops" wannabe's and not all CCL holders are "Cop" wannabe's and carry a badge. Unfortunately, it's the few in each category that makes the rest of us look bad. I will give the AR community this, they are more passionate about their "category" and I think it's because they are under constant attack. If only all the categories could learn from you guys and if only we could all band together and quit classifying each other. The fact is we are all under constant attack, it's just the other communities haven't never had anything taken away like the AR community did in '94. That's where the difference lies.
    I'm totally with you there.

Unfortunately for me I'm also involved with cameras. I've had to make exceptions and priorities. I haven't had a new camera body in 5 years, which is a LOT in the digital camera world. My last major photo gear purchase was 3 years ago...and the year before that was parts for my Jeep. Every year I try to get at least one shooting class in, whether it's pistol or shotgun, and at least a couple of bird hunting trips. This last year was the first time I bought an EBR also. I've shot plenty and have experience in the Army, but this is the first for me.

I'm hopelessly bound to ensuring the safety of my family while enjoying the outdoors and making a living from my photography hobby. Luckily the latter is bread and butter, allowing me to enjoy the others. I get just as excited about SHOT for the hunting gear as the tactical...and still as excited about the photography shows.
    When preparing to engage in a battle of wits, it's best to ensure you're using quality ammunition.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    That's no joke. The ugliest debates over black rifles pale in comparison to some with the clays/trap/skeet folks.
    For sure. Especially the trap folks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    Does that mean I have to sell the hat?
    No, but we'll see about getting you one in Multicam
    --Josh H.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tographer View Post
    Unfortunately for me I'm also involved with cameras.
    Don't even get started on cameras ... every time I look at my once-state-of-the-art Canon 1D MkII N and compare it with a MkIII I feel light headed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Fudds get deer, though.

i've pretty much always been single-minded.. when i did get into hunting i dove in with a purely tactical mindset. i took my AR, wore my BDU and LCE, stuffed a large ruck full of MREs and dry boots and socks in a wetweatherbag, took two GPSs, maps, radio, tritium lensatic, several million rounds of ammo, camo face paint... and didn't feel stupid at all.

and i haven't changed much since. in fact, last year i decided my old bright red kayak would make a fantastic insertion method.. so it's now woodland camo, working on additional modifications.

i'd be the worst guy in the world for tweekers growing pot to meet out in the woods, but all the tactical shit doesn't help you find deer. i'm the worst hunter on earth, and nobody ever wants to go with me.

Feedback Score
    I know a few Fudd types. They get wet over new cartridges, hides, arrow heads, calls, ugly camo etc etc. Most dont see any use for "high powered rifles" either
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    Ladies and gentlemen $830,000 for a decoy.

http://antiquesandthearts.com/2006-12-05__13-46-09.html

Yes, it's an antique, but I think that might answer the question of if Fudd's go overboard too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Fudds get deer, though.

i've pretty much always been single-minded.. when i did get into hunting i dove in with a purely tactical mindset. i took my AR, wore my BDU and LCE, stuffed a large ruck full of MREs and dry boots and socks in a wetweatherbag, took two GPSs, maps, radio, tritium lensatic, several million rounds of ammo, camo face paint... and didn't feel stupid at all.

and i haven't changed much since. in fact, last year i decided my old bright red kayak would make a fantastic insertion method.. so it's now woodland camo, working on additional modifications.

i'd be the worst guy in the world for tweekers growing pot to meet out in the woods, but all the tactical shit doesn't help you find deer. i'm the worst hunter on earth, and nobody ever wants to go with me.
    that made my night
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast