Thread: 7mm 08

Feedback Score

Question 7mm 08

I have been mulling the idea of building an AR type rifle with a little more punch than the 5.56/.223 round better wind bucking capabilities and long range performance as well. I have no issues with the .308 as I have owned several in boltguns.
    I also once owned a Rem 700 Varmint in 7mm 08 that was a great shooter. I ended up trading that rifle for another varminter chambered in .22 Rem Br just because at the time I was really into Benchrest rifles and wanted to experiment with the .22Br round. After a short time I found myself regretting the trade but have never replaced that super accurate little rifle.

Am now really considering a National Match type AR10 chambered in 7mm 08...anyone have any experience or advice on such a proposition?

This build would be based around a 20"Bbl ....weight is not a deciding factor but accuracy and reliabilty would be.
    Last edited by rat31465; 01-11-09 at 10:33.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    7 mm-08 is a great cartridge, as has been discussed previously: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22827

You should also look at 260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmore. See Zak Smith's article: http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-s...6.5-creedmoor/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of long seated 7-08 rounds. Specifically with the 162 AMAX.

But I wouldn't pick a 20" barrel for it. I'd lean toward 22+".