Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took the girl shooting for her first time

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The gloves are classic!!

My only question is how come nobody had any eye protection on? I've personally experienced and witness multiple instances when eye protection made the difference between damage to the eye or the glasses. To include one where a friend of mine had a gun blow up that resulted in some shrapnel embedding themselves into his cheek, forehead, and right eyeglass lense.

Teach her good habits from the get-go and you can avoid the regret that goes with a permanent eye injury. JM2CW.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    My only question is how come nobody had any eye protection on?
    specs fog up in the cold.. i never wear em if its cold out. add a hard drill, and there's no spec on the planet that wont steam up. IME

Feedback Score
    I guess it's a cold thing, because I've never got shooting glasses to fog up down hear in lovely Florida. Did you know it was almost hot enough for sun-burns today?

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 01-12-09 at 01:47.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC0351 View Post
    North Georgia. I'm from Florida so i froze my ass off. I wish I had a picture of her shooting this one, but it was her favorite
    Wildlife Management range near Gainesville?

As for eye protection fogging up, I've never had that problem shooting in 20 - 30 degrees weather in Georgia with shooting glasses or prescription glasses. Eyesight is not something to disregard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12