Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 37"+ LCD or Plasma Recommendations

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BVickery View Post
    I have a 42" Panny Plasma and love it. Only plasma out there that is 'better' are the Pioneer Kuro displays, but the improvement is really negligible for such a huge price difference.

One thing you REALLY need to be aware of is how close you will be to the LCD if you get one. To big and you will see horrible pixilation (we had a 46" Sony that we loved and got a great deal on, but was to big for our home theater set-up).
    That's odd. On my Sony 46" I get zero pixellation with Blu-ray, Upconverted DVD, and 720p Apple TV HD movies. The only pixellation I get is on over-compressed HD cable, and it's mostly the boxy macro blocking you get during fast transitions.

Sony's default "enhancement" settings, and there are a LOT of settings, don't really help. All of those edge enhancement, noise reduction, and DRC pallet settings often make things worse. The noise reduction especially screws up deinterlacing of 1080i sources to 1080p and is best left off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would recommend avoiding Mitsubishi.

Feedback Score
    Also, Consumer reports says many of the components and screens of the "lower end" TVs are made in the same factories of the major brands, then just given a different housing, box and labels.
    sadly CR is kinda dumb as of recent

it can be the same panel but the electronics that drive them are not the same at all

its like hyundai getting a performance engine then Porsche getting the same performance engine
    and both assemble a car who do you think is going to have the brakes and suspension and such to be a nicer car ?

there are fewer panel makers but again the panel is a small part of the equation

gun analogy
    this is like saying all ARs are the same cause the lowers are the same they just put dif looking stuff on them
    as we all know the lower is a small part of the package

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345