Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Freefloat Handguard ?"s

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I chose the DD Omega 7 because it can come off in just a matter of minutes and go back on very easily too. i actually keep the allen key in my ergo pistol grip and a leatherman. haven't had to take it off yet, but i'm sure it will eventually for either a longer barrel or piston system or the DD Omega 9. Have you tried a VFG under your HG?
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cleaning!!!

So silly.

I'm a gun cleaning freak, and I don't pull my handguards off but once a year. And I NEVER pull my KAC top piece off. It's too much trouble for no real reason.

Feedback Score
    I've had good luck with Troy, but I don't recommend this as a first choice for somebody with small hands.

Feedback Score
    Knights RAS is definitely a nice piece. No rattles, looks killer and a pretty much effortless install. Can be found used for a pretty decent price too. Thats how I got mine.

Feedback Score
    well I decided to go with a troy 10" free float and wow this rail is solid
    "They can have my gun, when they pry it from my cold dead fingers"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedimac View Post
    Forgive me if this has been talk already before, my question is what is a excellent non-freefloat handguard? I have the MI#17 and just has to much play for my taste, I have a friend who has the DD Omega on his carbine and just didn't feel right for me in my hands, so I'm looking at either a Troy or Knights Arm. rails are these anygood or is there better out there? My problem is that for a guy I have small hands so thats where I had problems with the DD omega, seemed to long of a drop on the bottom rail without rail protectors on it, I'm leaning more toward the Troy but was wanting anyones opinion on Troy's quality, and fit. Is it normal to have some play on the non-freefloat rails?

The DD Omega is the MOST small hand friendly rail made as it is the slimest.

C4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12