Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Ammo Boxes

Feedback Score

Plastic Ammo Boxes

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of bulk-packed 5.56 on the way, and I want some re-usable plastic lidded ammo boxes for when I start reloading 5.56, anyway...

I've got some old Dillon boxes, and they're fine (I used to live in Scottsdale). These look about the same as Case-Gard (MTM). The new Dillon boxes on Dillon's website look different — still baby-blue, but opaque instead of translucent.

Are there other makers out there besides MTM (and Dillon) who make this kind of thing? What do you guys recommend?

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    I've been using the frankford arsenal flip tops. They seem fine but the pistol ones I got cracked fairly quickly. I have some 12 year old dillon pistol ones that are still holding up. Wy not by surplus ammo cans?

Mule

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a couple different brands and the MTM cases work best for me. I just bought a couple more last weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    +1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleStacker45 View Post
    I've been using the frankford arsenal flip tops. They seem fine but the pistol ones I got cracked fairly quickly. I have some 12 year old dillon pistol ones that are still holding up. Wy not by surplus ammo cans?

Mule
    This doesn't sound like much an endorsement of the Frankford boxes... my dozens of Dillon cases are 16 years old, and I've never had a problem with any of them, and I've really abused them.

I've got surplus ammo cans, but I want the rounds in boxes of 50 or 100... "Count every round, make every round count." I don't want ammo just bouncing around loose in ammo cans, either.

I've got open-top 50-round boxes for 7.62 (from buying cases of surplus RG, eight boxes snugly fit in a 400-round ammo can), but nothing similar for 5.56.

Are Berry's any good? Do they make their own, or are these MTM/Case-Gard with Berry's name on them? Looking at the pictures, they look the same to my untrained eye.

Feedback Score
    What about J&J?

http://jandjproducts.com/products.php?cat=9

Natchez has them on sale right now...

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The MTM cases are lifetime warrenty and GTG. Have you considered stripper clips? They are cheap, easy to store, and much easier load with.

Feedback Score
    Stripper clips... hmmm... I really want to be able to stack a thousand or more rounds of ammo easily.

I've got 1,000 rounds of bulk Lake City on the way, so I broke down and bought 10 100-round boxes from Berry's. They seem to be fine, and they're only $2.75, shipped.

We'll see...

Feedback Score
    eguns has 100 round boxes for 2.29 each or if you buy 11 it is 2.18 each comes in smoke and clear...https://eguns.com/sPearCat/1-4.woa/1...5o7nicufVOa1a0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast