Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SLR-105 AAR of sorts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS
    One question, is it normal for the FH/MB supposed to be a little loose?
    Yes, perfectly normal. The pin on the FSB keeps in from spinning off. You have nothing to worry about.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The finish on most military AK's is crap, which is why the ones you see in use around the world tend to be shiny.

The Bulgarian paint does not hold up well to US commercial solvents or GS, although I use Ballistol with no issues.

The wobble on the brake is perfectly normal, as Marc has stated. Back in the bad old days of the AWB, us AK guys took the wobble to mean freedom....since it meant that the muzzle device hadn't been welded on.

The 5.45mm round, with the exception of the commercial 70 gr. stuff, is a more accurate round than the 7.62x39mm. As you've noticed, it's also a pussycat to shoot.

Love my SLR-105A1...in plum!

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks Templar. When I got the rifle, the box it came in appeared as though someone had thrown it in the back of a cement truck and let it spin a few times. I was relieved to see that the rifle was okay...but the appearance of the box gave me a bad vibe and I've been very analytical of my rifle. Shooting it put most of my concerns to rest. Just wanted to put to rest the concerns about the finish and brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12