Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest rigs...

Feedback Score
    LMAO of really like the Shihan Chest Rig lol unbiased plug

Feedback Score

Chest Rig

I ran the ATS rig in a Pat Roger's Carbine Class. ATS builds a solid chest rig. The build qualtiy is top notch. The only item lacking is a H2O carrier. I was told ATS is working on a solution.

Feedback Score
    Only way to figure out which one "best" suits my uses is to keep on trying (that means buying) other chest/vest rigs. Here's one that I'm looking at next by SOTech called the Devil Rig.

It's more like an all-in-one version of the Hellcat with the add-ons included. Available from < Pratical Tactical LLC >.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    how do yuo guys go prone with all that shit right on your diaphram? doesn't anybody ever use these anymore?

i guess i'm officially "old school"

Feedback Score
    Maybe the SOTech Falcon Chest Harness? Don't have any personal experience with this particular setup but here's a partial excerpt:

Quote Originally Posted by SOTECH
    S.O. Tech developed the internal magazine slot system (patent pending) to drop the six rifle magazines into the flat panel that makes up the body of the Falcon. The internal magazines slots lay the six magazines flat against the soldier’s waist, reducing high chest profile. Allows soldiers to lay flat & closer to the ground.

Last edited by CLHC; 01-19-09 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    BATTLELAB

Feedback Score
    Hi all. New member and have never posted here before. Current LEO in FL. Here is my primary rig. It's not a chest rig but the theory is the same. I have found that for me, it's easier to have one vest which hold everything (including my handgun) that I can just put on over my civilian clothes quickly and have everything I need (I work plain clothes narcotics)
    For search warrants and raids:
    -Patriot Performance Materials (PPM) Molle armor carrier
    -Double AR mag pouch (used for my Taser)
    -2x Tactical Tailor single AR mag pouches
    -Stream light flashlight pouch
    -Maxpedition Admin pouch (great item. carries a lot of small gear)
    -Pepper spray
    -Blackhawk handgun pouch/holster (carries G-21 w/tac light)
    -Spec-ops medical pouch
    On the upper bib area:
    -1x Emdom quad handgun mag pouch (carried 2 Glock 21 mags)
    -Tactical Tailor small utility pouch (2 sets of cuffs)
    -Tactical Tailor single mag pouch (carries a digital recorder)

So far, this set up has worked fine. It carries everything I need without having to put on a gunbelt (which I still have set up just in case) I have a stripped down chest rig that I use once a scene is secure which carries a few basics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    how do yuo guys go prone with all that shit right on your diaphram? doesn't anybody ever use these anymore?

i guess i'm officially "old school"
    same here bro, thats all i use lol... i used mine mainly cause i bought it at a surplus store when i was ten or so to play army with, never really used it, and now, its perfect, comfortable, versatile and cheap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The complaints about back pain are interesting. First of all, lets look at the history of chest rigs. They were made famous by rice eaters running around SE Asia in black pajamas. These dudes didn't put a bunch of mags in them, nor did they hang med kits, pistols, etc off of them. Yet, they still managed to kick some ass.

Their Chinese style chest rig held 3 mags and maybe a few frags. You can wear this all day and not have any back pain. As the chest rig evolved (?) it became heavier in not only in what it could hold, but what it was made out of. Everyone should own a Chinese chest rig just for the epiphany value. Cheap lightweight cotton. Still popular with the insurgents in Iraq, and it not because they don't have an APO address for Tactical Tailor shipments.

You can put more stuff on your vest, but you need to pay a fitness dividend. Wearing this stuff everyday naturally builds you up for it. Your body adapts to it. Most people don't wear em that much, thus they have issues.

Just some things to think about...
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Excellent post. In my mind, the simplicity of the Eagle CP.223 and the various Specter Gear rigs emulates many of the excellent qualities of the Chinese chest racks - light weight, flat profile, high mobility. There seems to be a tendency with some of the MOLLE rigs to strap a magazine pouch to every free space of real estate.

Sometimes less is more.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-20-09 at 08:26.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast