Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest rigs...

Feedback Score
    I've been using a TT MAV for a couple of years now, and I'm very happy with it. Here's mine with a mix of TT and DBT pouches:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How do you like that harness that TT uses?

Feedback Score
    It's fine for me. I've only ever worn it over body armor, so I couldn't tell you how comfortable it is on its own.

Feedback Score
    for a simple "less is more" rig I like the DBT low-viz racks. I run mine slick, 4 or 6 mags (usually 4) with just a set of 3 pistol mag pouches.

Flyfishdave(?) turned me on to the ESSTAC Bush Boar, and it is great, too.

Anywhere Islamic Extremists need liquidating
    Feedback Score
    ESSTAC BOAR from SKD!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Any love here for the Specter M-1 Mk-2?http://www.spectergear.com/mk2_chest_rig.htm
    If it's GTG, it'll fit my desire for a single rig that can be used with different rifle platforms & is low profile enough to get prone with. 3 mags on my body aught to fill my perceived needs. My sidearms will stay on my body, so the molle is mainly for a BOK, fixed blade & a dump pouch.
    I do wish it came in Ranger Green, though
    Last edited by Buckshot TX; 01-25-09 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A friend of mine runs the Specter Mark 3 - though he uses a Specter three mag shingle, along with a double pistol pouch and a flashlight pouch. It very much resembles the configuration of the Mark 1/2. I've played around with it - well made rig.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-25-09 at 22:01.

Feedback Score

TT Mini Mav

My TT Mini Mav...
    The far left pistol mag pouch holds my Surefire G2. The far right pistol mag pouch holds 1 G17 mag. The small knife on the front of the M4 mag pouch is a Ryan Plan B.
    The triple mag shingle is ATS. It leaves me some extra real estate on the front for more pouch's or whatever.

I carry an old school issue holster with plain jane issued pistol mag pouches and a Gerber ASEK system on an issue belt.
    I don't like too much shit hanging around my legs cause if ya gotta run you need to move quick.
    I wear the chesty up high enough that going prone isn't much of an issue. The belt rig doesn't have anything up front past the side's of my hips... makes hittin dirt a lot easier when you don't have worry about racking your nuts with a knife/sheath or a mag pouch.

The key factor for me is the way I've set my shit up it's very low profile on the chest and doesn't cause problems with movement or discomfort. If I'm going urban my G17s already on me with a spare mag concealed but I can grab the "bag" and have the chest rig and M4 into action in seconds rather than minutes. The belt rig stays in the bag unless I'm going rural or things really are getting ugly.

As you all can see I could care less about matching up colors; cause on a two way range nobody's checking the others color coordination.

This stuff replaced one of my Eagle TAC-V1 vests... it was good but fully loaded it was very heavy. Unfortunately it was so worn out that the damn mags were starting to slip out the bottom of the pouches.

I purchased the Mini Mav and the ATS shingle from Blackstone Tactical.
    http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catalog/
    Good people to do business with.

Last edited by TheGhostRider; 01-26-09 at 20:45.
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboolongbow View Post
    I ran the ATS rig in a Pat Roger's Carbine Class. ATS builds a solid chest rig. The build qualtiy is top notch. The only item lacking is a H2O carrier. I was told ATS is working on a solution.
    For anyone with an ATS rig, are the side pouches removable? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by esskay View Post
    For anyone with an ATS rig, are the side pouches removable? Thanks.

Not on that version, no. But they make this version with 4 single mag pouches.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast