Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Chest rigs...

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    And what do micro rigs have to do with anything?

Ok ok, SOE whore,,,,you happy now?!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    Ok ok, SOE whore,,,,you happy now?!
    thou shall not use the term SOE in vain heathin!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vel525 View Post
    Does anyone know how the USGG LLCR compares? Can it fit smaller people? Figured I would ask here before I contact USGG directly.
    If you mean this rig it was designed for skinny guys like me. It is a little larger than the TT Mini-MAV, which may also work for you. You can see a pic of how I configured my Mini-MAV, as s workup to my custom USGG rig, here. Alternately you can put three single-mag pouches across the front with a light/tool/pistol pouch on each side. I've been tempted to configure my Mini-Mav with the ITW Fast Mag x3 across the front as an experiment.
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-02-10 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you mean this rig it was designed for skinny guys like me. It is a little larger than the TT Mini-MAV, which may also work for you. You can see a pic of how I configured my Mini-MAV, as s workup to my custom USGG rig, [urlhttps://docs.google.com/View?id=drnhb8z_88c26jvfc7]here[/url]. Alternately you can put three single-mag pouches across the front with a light/tool/pistol pouch on each side. I've been tempted to configure my Mini-Mav with the ITW Fast Mag x3 across the front as an experiment.
    I was referring to this one http://usgruntgear.com/lilochrigl.html
    Probably should have added the link with my original post. The one you posted Rob looks good as well, thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    *I* don't get the split-front rigs, and have no use for them for my purposes. Similarly I don't have any use for hydration. This is me, my needs. others find reasons for them.

Especially on skinny guys what you're doing with a split front is moving the load to the sides where it interferes with your belt-mounted kit where it becomes an excuse for things like drop-leg, or even drop-and-offset, holsters which are to be avoided like the plague for the average guy. The buckles are also a complete waste of space, and especially so on skinny guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *I* don't get the split-front rigs, and have no use for them for my purposes. Similarly I don't have any use for hydration. This is me, my needs. others find reasons for them.

Especially on skinny guys what you're doing with a split front is moving the load to the sides where it interferes with your belt-mounted kit where it becomes an excuse for things like drop-leg, or even drop-and-offset, holsters which are to be avoided like the plague for the average guy. The buckles are also a complete waste of space, and especially so on skinny guys.
    Never thought about it that way. This is my first rig so thought a split front would just be convenient to get on/off. The rig is just so I can keep my pistol stuff on my belt and rifle stuff on my chest when i do courses. As for the water pack, was just going to ask USGG to exclude it as i don't have a need for the camel pack either. Thanks rob, your insight is always appreciated. Will think about my rig a little more.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been tempted to configure my Mini-Mav with the ITW Fast Mag x3 across the front as an experiment.
    I just tried this, and it does NOT work, at least on my samples. the Mini MAV appears to be a bit on the tight side for MOLLE and the fastmags will not mouth side-by-side without bowing out the rig moreso than my body bends, which also could impede function as the pouch must be able to flex to work properly.

I would NOT recommend this solution. I previously used the "Topher Taco" from HSGI on the Min-MAV and found it to work very well.
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-02-10 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Split front chest rigs are great low profile rigs for those that anticipate a lot of prone shooting. They can be opened up and laid out flat without removing. One of the next purchases from O.S.O.E. will a MD split front rig in the 308 rendition, coupled with my Rallyman Subload I will have 8 spare mags in tap and easily accessible while laying flat on my chest. They are also very easy to conceal under a light shirt if a bunch of crap is not attached to it. O.S.O.E. also makes a 5 mag version for AR/AK that utilizes that “lost” space in the center. See it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMoPMzxYgM

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536