Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul ACS

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I hope this doesn't turn into a UBR-style release. It would be fan-freaking-tastic if the ACS and UBR could actually be, available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into a UBR-style release. It would be fan-freaking-tastic if the ACS and UBR could actually be, available.

The ACS is much easier to make, think more along the lines of the CTR from what I can tell. I think they will be shipping in much larger amounts.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I hope it ships in large amounts. I really want one. An MBUS too.

Feedback Score
    Does it pull facial hair?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Yup, that's the FIRST thing I thought about when I just saw that stock. "Does it pull facial hair, when you put your cheek on that seam, which runs along the entire length of the stock???"
    I sure hope not, but I've never found a stock with seams like that, which did not pull facial hair. Only time will tell I guess. I will cross my fingers.

I swear, that stock looks exactly like a mixture between an LMT SOPMOD, VLTOR Emod, CTR, AND UBR, ALL in one! It looks freaking GREAT, although I would have done without the seam, as LMT did with the SOPMOD.
    Oh well, does anyone know if the VLTOR stocks pull hair along their zig-zag-like seam over the battery compartments???

Who can tell me what Micro Aimpoint mount that is? Is that an ADM? Why does it say "SOCOM"? Anything to do with the height at which it mounts the optic? Does that mount in Sticks pic cowitness with a regular F marked FSB, or does it only cowitness with the BUIS?? As much as I like Larue, I just think the Larue micro Aimopoint mount for lower 1/3 cowitness looks kind of odd, with just a smooth, plain-jane solid look to it. That mount up above looks much better, with the simple little differences it has.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Razorhunter; 01-26-09 at 23:52.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    That indeed looks like an ADM micro mount, the "SOCOM" designates a lower 1/3 co-witness

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It didn't pull my beard hair as I lovingly nuzzled the ACS stock at SHOT, but that's just sample size: 1 in pretty non-standard conditions (well -- on this forum, at least. I can think of others where that's it's #1 use ). If you liked the stock otherwise but had some barber issues with the stock, I bet 5 minutes with a bead of silicone or glue or something smoothed into that crack would solve the problem. Or a strip of tape, even.

I used to hear a lot of complaints about the Vltor's grabbing hairs, but never had one to comment first hand.

Experiencing some mission creep, but here ya go:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Who can tell me what Micro Aimpoint mount that is? Is that an ADM? Why does it say "SOCOM"? Anything to do with the height at which it mounts the optic? Does that mount in Sticks pic cowitness with a regular F marked FSB, or does it only cowitness with the BUIS?? As much as I like Larue, I just think the Larue micro Aimopoint mount for lower 1/3 cowitness looks kind of odd, with just a smooth, plain-jane solid look to it. That mount up above looks much better, with the simple little differences it has.
    Thanks.
    Yes it's an ADM. Yes the "SOCOM" moniker refers to the height of the mount. "CO" for absolute cowitness and "SOCOM" for lower 1/3. Yes it would cowitness with either the BUIS or a standard FSB (think about it -- you'd use the same rear BUIS for a front flip or standard FSB, the line of sight is the same height over bore either way). ADM's site has more details if you'd like.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 01-27-09 at 00:12.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you are correct, I wasn't thinking about the height, that late last night. I tend to forget BUIS are all the same height. They are just added weight to me, and I no longer use them on all my rifles.
    Thanks for info. Don't think I'll be running silicone or glue down the seams of any of my stocks, but I'm sure some folks would gladly do so!
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Anybody have any measurements/weight of the ACS in comparison to standard M4, UBR, SOPMOD, CTR, EMOD, and/or A1 stock?
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 01-27-09 at 06:35. Reason: weight
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FWIW, I've been using Vltor stocks for several years and never had the "seam" pull my beard. What pulls is the junction between the stock and the receiver extension, and that happens with Vltor, Emod, CTR, MOE, and the GI stock, and it has even happened with my AK in the junction between the stock and the receiver.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast