Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: So a FUDD walks into the store...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    That makes my "Zulu"-watching parts tingle. What's the "Z A R" marking? My knowledge of Martinis (the gun kind) is limited, but I've always loved them since.
    Zud Afrika Republic. South African Republic abbreviated to Z.A.R. most likely one of the Boer rifles

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Uh, you do know that was a 10 year-old post your referencing, correct?
    I've been dealing with Grant for almost 14 years - and I'm STILL trying to get him to move over here to Pittsburgh.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, bolt logo tattoos are pretty gay.

But when hamchunks start trying to open carry rifles in Starbucks or pull silly stunts; it turns people off.

It doesn’t make me any less “pro gun” if I don’t tote an AR around all day on my own time and look down on people who do. Going hunting, I may dip in to my favorite filling station for a drink and because I am known; nobody freaks nor bats an eye if I am openly strapped up. Or loading stuff in the truck.

But dudes wearing molle manpurses with their screenname in army tape on them draw attention.

It’s a complete and total turn off. Like lessay America was that oorah about guns where we walked around open carrying ARs just to hit up the Apple store. That’d be lame.

I am not yet to a point in life where going to the mall requires all that extra. And I refuse to get to that point in life.

A lotta Walter Mitty wackoff fantasies about foiling the next spree shooting. Super lame.

Plus a lot of gun guys have never been in a real fight before. A real fight is where you may not go home. Guns make you a target. Better be ready to fight for what you carry. There are FIT 20 year olds who get disarmed by force. A schlubby potbellied 50something DUI lawyer or salaryman just won’t bring it.

But the “gun people” take the meme too far and it resembles Dale Gribbles gun club and it annoys regular people.
    See, these guys are the ones I would call fudds.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    That makes my "Zulu"-watching parts tingle. What's the "Z A R" marking? My knowledge of Martinis (the gun kind) is limited, but I've always loved them since.
    Doesnt it! I got this a few months ago and had to stop at a farmers market used DVD store on the way home to grab a fresh copy since my old one was VHS.

Arik answered correctly regarding ZAR being one of the two Boer republics, the other being OVS (oranje vrij staat/orange free state)

Ill take some more pics and ressurect the C&R thread from last year.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112