Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So a FUDD walks into the store...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
    Have you ever thought about moving to DFW, Tx?

We'll make you rich and famous?

Ya know, I like TX a lot (good people) and already have some ex-Crypto buddies of mine there. Would be an easy transition for me.

We moved from VA to OH so that my Mother could be near her only Grandchildren.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    I'm also in a Fuddville. I went to a local class 3 dealer a couple weeks ago to pick up a 6920 that got transferred there for me. With that rifle on the counter in front me, I asked the store owner if I could see some of the suppresors for a SBR build I am also working on. Next to me was sitting a rather large, older (50+) fellow with a typical hunting rifle on the counter in front of him. While I'm checking out the suppresor and asking questions to the store owner, the Fudd interjects his two cents, questioning, "why do you need those, I thought they were illegal?" In a polite manner, I proceeded to share with him the legalities and process to acquire such item in our state. In the end, all he did was roll his eyes and shake his head. I swear sometimes I think it's easier converting an anti, than a Fudd.

When we first opened our store, I took the PC route when asked what an AR-15 was for (told them target shooting and varmint hunting). Now I tell them it is for shooting people! They never seem to return after that.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-22-09 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sad, really.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oddly enough, I often walk into a "gun" or "sporting" store, look around, and walk out thinking "Is all they got those Fudd rifles?"

It's amazing how few brick-and-mortar stores out there actually have things like AR-15s in stock and on display. Back during the Clinton gun ban I transferred a "pre-ban" Colt carbine through a fishing/hunting/hardware store type place near where I resided at the time, as they were the only FFL I knew of in the area. This was also in a very blue part of a very blue state. Two of the guys working there asked me in an almost trembling manner if it was a "machine gun" and if I had a special permit for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ya know, I like TX a lot (good people) and already have some ex-Crypto buddies of mine there. Would be an easy transition for me.

We moved from VA to OH so that my Mother could be near her only Grandchildren.

C4
    ...and the fact that can own ten acres with a 500 yd range in the back for less than a two bedroom breadbox in VA had nothing to do with it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    Oddly enough, I often walk into a "gun" or "sporting" store, look around, and walk out thinking "Is all they got those Fudd rifles?"
    Thankfully, Fudd shops are shrinking and black rifle dealers are growing.

I guess some dealers got a clue when the over unders with the indian head engraving sat that for a year, and anything AR15 like became worth its weight in gold.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same here. We've got three gunstores, not counting Walmart.

Two are heavily into hunting rifles...one does carry some "tactical" rifles, but mainly hunting rifles. Both overpriced. Both carry many of the same hunting rifles and shotguns.

The other carries mainly EBRs and accessories, thank god. He also has what are definitely the best prices in town and is a great FFL.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Grant,

I saw you jumped through the hoops to stock the SCAR. Any plans on dealing with Steyr as well for the AUG?

Feedback Score
    We have 0 tactical stores. One that poses but very expensive and doesn't know their shit.

We have FFLs that are out of their garage with no storefront.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would like to thank that poor hapless fudd, simply for not depriving me of more stuff to buy (got another order lined up, Grant)
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast