Page 13 of 231 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: A little Humor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe....

[QUOTE=bkb0000;374636]the "holocaust" is a big deal to germans because germans have been institutionalized with war-guilt for almost a century. here in America, nothing is sacred... if you're gonna joke around with Americans, expect course/brash/crude/sadistic humor.

I think you are right on the mark. Maybe that's the problem. We've been led down the road where nothing is sacred. I don't subscribe to that view. Some things are sacred. Joking about the genocide of millions plays right into the hands of totalitarians. Joseph Stalin said(paraphrasing) "The death of one person is a tragedy, the death of a million is a statistic."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Talking

Wow way to kill the funny thread, let's try again.

Feedback Score

What not to do with your fiances sister

Since I am about to get married, a friend thought that he should send this to me....

A guy is engaged to this girl. She is hot, but, her sister is a lot hotter. As the wedding nears and the guy needs advice with stuff, he finds himself talking to his fiance's sister more and more often. He also can't help but notice that whenever they meet up she is wearing the most ****ty outfits he could imagine.

After a week or so, he begins to realize that she is coming onto him. One day in the car, she even rests her hand on his leg while they are driving. The guy starts to have the debate in his head, "Should I or should I not make a move?"

Finally, at the family reunion that is only a month before the wedding, the guy walks into the house to find the sister standing in the kitchen in her bikini after taking a dip in the pool.

"I have to admit," she says to him, "I have this thing for you. I don't know what to do about it but I have wanted you so bad ever since you started dating my sister. I dream about you at night and wish you were laying next to me."

He just stares at her, not knowing what to say.

She walks closer to him.

"Seriously, if you want to have one last fling before you marry my sister, I am game." With that, she took off her bikini top and walked towards the stairs. "If you do want to have one last fling, I will be in my bedroom. Second door on the right."

The guy places his cup down real fast as soon as she disappears and heads for the front door towards his car. When he opens it, he sees the whole family outside cheering for him.

"Way to go champ! You passed the test!" They all scream! The guy, not knowing what to say, walks over to his fiance and hugs and kisses her. The sister appears through the door, fully clothed, and comes over and apologizes for being such a tease and for lying to him. After the commotion settles down, a friend walks over and says, "That was some hella will power you had there buddy. I would have been in her room in a heartbeat and out on my butt when my fiance found out."

The guy turns to his friend and says....

"It's times like this that you are thankful that you left your condoms in the glovebox of the car instead of in your wallet!"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Effect View Post
    Some questions:
    > Why is Holocaust in parentheses?
    those are quotation marks.. () are parentheses. because i dont like that term. i don't like how whatever happened to the jews got it's own title- THAT title specifically, as though theres only been one "holocaust." it was a big war, 60,000,000 people died, the high estimate is 6,000,000 of those were jews- not nearly so much as to teach school children that the entire war was centered around, focused on, fought for and won for the jews. they were a big story, but a side story, and to spend so much time on the topic subtracts from the sacrifices that THIS country made while over there. how many did we lose? 500,000 young men- to save europeans who would now rather spit on an American than join him in combat. THATS what we should spend the entire 5th grade studying- not reading the entire damn diary of anne frank.
    >Who is, in your opinion, responsible for "institutionalizing" the Germans with "war guilt" ?
    after the Great War- france mostly, but all european entente nations. after WWII, you mostly did it to yourselves. the world told you what abominable people you were to cause such grief, and you were forced to accept it and be as regretful and remorseful as you could- and to put as much distance between yourselves and the crimes of your country, you recoiled from it, said "we didn't know! we won't let it happen again!" and attempted to take the lead in thought-control, to prevent it from ever happening again.
    >Why was my post seen as a joke? I was dead serious, believe me.

I study history and can say that no historian of international significance is buying into the "Gun Control=genocide waiting to happen theory".
    what are you talking about? that's pretty off-topic. but i'll bite- you can't genocide a well-armed population. all genocides- all holocausts- have occured against unarmed/severely under-armed people.
    And one more thing-taking the Holocaust and putting into perspective is an interesting idea. However, since I have already written several extended essays on the issue, I have come to the conclusion, as have noted historians such as Walter Lacquer, Alan Bullock, Antony Beevor, Guido Knopp, etc. that the Holocaust was a unique event.
    all events are unique. surely a lot of jews died- a LOT. it might be unique, but it is not the great crescendo of brutal human violence in our long march toward eternity that it's made out to be. worse was done before, and worse had been done since.
    Taking events such as the Guatemalan junta's actions and throwing them in one basket with the Holocaust, especially to promote gun ownership, is in my eyes quite perverse, sorry.

I'd like to say that I have no guns. Here in Europe very few people have guns. And guess what? We don't need them, simply because we live in a society which is safe enough for the general population.
    most people in America don't pack guns, and most people in America life long, healthy, boring, unmolested lives. that doesn't mean we shouldn't have guns. if you're anti-gun, which is what it sounds like, why the hell do you hang out here?

My subjective feeling: 'Holohoax' is what some people would like to say, but cannot.
    dare me. the holocaust did not happen the way it was taught to me in school, and i'll bet you got an even worse education on the matter, if you went to school anywhere in europe.
    Another thought from an American/German: the swastika and affiliated symbols are illegal here. Not in the US. Is that what liberty stands for?
    people are entitled to have whatever ideas they want. you can go to jail for speaking out against the holocaust in germany- in America you have the right to question what you're taught.
    About me: my father is a Jewish American, my mother is a Catholic German. I was born in 1988. Half of my family and me would have probably lost their lives in the Holocaust.

Sorry if this is off topic, but it is essential to debate this issue, crucial as a matter of fact.

And one closing thought: if it wasn't the Germans/Nazi ideology that was responsible, who was? Neville Chamberlain for his appeasement policy? Josef Stalin for his Nazi-Soviet pact? Winston Churchill for helping the Poles? Vichy France for collaborating?
    everyone involved bears their own degree of responsibility. things of this size aren't the fault of any one or two or seven thousand people. i partially blame our own American grandfathers and greatgrandfathers- if we hadn't interfered in the Great War, the germans would have won and everyone would have gone home and nobody would have any desire to fight a war like that again for a long ass time. germany would not have been economically destroyed, society wouldnt have collapsed, and people like hitler and his buddies would never have had the opportunity to rise to power. the keiser would not have done a tenth of the damage to france and britain's economies as they did to germany.
    So, I hope no one is offended. I do not intend to insult anyone. Take it with a grain of salt if you are. This is not about ego, but about history.
    whose history?

Feedback Score
    PEOPLE, GET BACK ON TRACK.

If you want to talk about history, fine ... start your own thread.

Feedback Score
    I study history and can say that no historian of international significance is buying into the "Gun Control=genocide waiting to happen theory".

I have already written several extended essays on the issue …

I'd like to say that I have no guns. Here in Europe very few people have guns. And guess what? We don't need them, simply because we live in a society which is safe enough for the general population.

I was born in 1988.
    Let me get this straight …

You’re a 21-year-old student who has written several “extended essays.” So you’ve written several term papers. Wow. I’m underwhelmed. And then you have the temerity to come to this forum, which is dedicated to the AR-15 series of weapons, and admit that you don’t own any firearms and don’t need them.

What are you doing on this forum? There is no place for you here. Go home and stay there.

MODS: DO WE HAVE A POSSIBLE TROLL HERE??

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey bkb0000,

I've got news for you and this time I won't make the mistake of confusing quotation marks and parentheses...

You're just a dumb ****ing Anti-Semite. Not only that, you're a goddamn revisionist.
    Ask World War II veterans, US, what they saw in Dachau concentration camp.

I could smell this coming.
    Watch out for%2
    zis emoshional outburghst and perzonal attack are unbecoming, Herr Effect.

i responded to your questions and comments with cool logic, and you call me stupid and antisemitic. by simply not accepting the force-fed lies about what actually occured during the war, i am, by default a RACIST? you just showed the european irrationality Americans have come to expect and fear. the very idea that something may have happened in a way other than your government taught you sends you into a frenzy, and you don't think that's weird?

Feedback Score
    So much for a humor thread, take it else where gentlemen because this is not the place.

Mods, please delete all previous posts that have no link to the subject of this thread.

Ok, here is the joke of the day:

Two women sit together. . quietly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can we get a Mod to quite these bickering children down please. I, personally, would like to read some funny @#$* and not deal with this crap.

Feedback Score
    Here ya Go.

I like it.

Page 13 of 231 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast