Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Shot Show Threads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Civilian SCAR-L Mk16s in black....

Long awaited Ccivilian SCAR-H Mk17s

Last edited by SMGLee; 01-23-10 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Thanks Stick!

This has some good potential. Have an upcoming SPR project that might have to wait on this one.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Chen, any word on when the black SCAR 16S will be released and availability compared to the FDE model? I would rather spend my ACR bankroll on the 16S now...

Stan
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    OK - retract tounge - there is all that good money I've spent on AAC cans over the years...
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Nah, the way I see it is that S&W is still trying to catch up to GLOCK in the center fire semi-auto handgun genre. GLOCK has several NATO issued side arms, I have never heard of any military adopting the M&P as a side arm to date.
    I believe the Afgans or Iraqs (I really think its the Afgans) now have Sigmas and M&Ps. There was a write up about a year ago in one of the tactical mags.
    Last edited by bradb55; 01-23-10 at 21:53.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Having RO'd her at matches, I can tell you she has excellent safety skills. To me it looks like the tip of her fingernail is resting on the trigger guard. In competition we tend against the straight finger outside the trigger guard. Too slow to get on the trigger. So the finger curls inward with the tip resting on the guard rather than the pad.

Try it and you'll find the finger gets correct positioning on the trigger more readily with less tendency to slap.
    Agreed. USPSA shooters are above reproach as far as safety. While training might have a decent "teacher/student ratio", USPSA has TWO (2) qualified individuals observing every shooter (2 to 1 ratio) - which is part of the reason that USPSA has an EXCELLENT safety record.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I know some people are doing this to get the levers on the right side of the gun so the left side is slicker. The mount has no elevation built in so nothing is really backwards. I've mounted LaRue SPR-E mounts this way for customers with M1A in a SAGE chassis.
    Thanks for the comeback on that. I've got a few SPR-Es myself and knew about the lack of elevation in the mount, but had never seen one mounted this way, nor had any good reason to do so ocurred to me. Fortunately the mount is flexible enough to go both ways!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I spoke with the MMS guys, it looks like there was good feedback on the MST while at SHOT.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Nice!!

Any idea if the civi 16s and 17s trigger groups are the same / interchangeable?

Also any word on if and when the Scar-H will be available to the civilian market?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    come on stick. we need a shot show folder.

Not likely, I tend to dislike how trade show images look. The lighting is horrid, and the pictures tend to be poor at best.

There is one exception in the images that I shot while at the show, its one that I really like.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast