Thread: M14 bolt disassebly

Feedback Score

M14 bolt disassebly

Anyone have a link to instructions, hopefully with pics or video, on M-14 bolt disassembly? Do I need a bolt disassembly tool?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by FLGator; 01-23-09 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    I dont know of any videos right off hand, but its not hard to take apart, just a little pain without a tool to get back together.
    To get it apart, from the bottom knock out the extractor( be careful) when you do this it will release the ejector as it is under its spring pressure, there is also the extractor spring that will have to be removed from the bolt, the firing pin will also just drop out now.
    The hard part is putting it back together, the extractor is what holds it all together, the hard part is getting the ejector pressed in and in the right place along with making sure the firing pin is in its right place and then installing the extractor in the bolt to hold everything together, the extractor spring holds it in place. I would not try it unless you have a tool, I have done it without the tool and its not fun.
    Also dont try and remove the roller, it has an internal ring that holds it on, trying to remove the roller will damage it.....................AD

Feedback Score
    I actually had the roller fall off at about 100 rds and had to send the bolt back to Springfield to have it put back on.

Feedback Score
    Not free, but this is what you want.

Great book, everything you need to know.

Good luck,
    Sfx