Thread: anybody have a CZ 527? In 7.62x39..?

Feedback Score

anybody have a CZ 527? In 7.62x39..?

Sorry. Not exactly "precision rifle" fodder per se, but I figured this was a good place to post this...

Anywho- I recently reacquired an SKS. I also acquired a metric s#it ton of ammo for it. It got me wondering about a second rifle in that chambering, and I recall that CZ makes a little bolt carbine for that round. Does anybody here have one? Any comments as to accuracy? I know that the round is not known for accuracy, but I wonder how it would do out of a "nicer" gun like the CZ.

Feedback Score
    anybody..?

Feedback Score
    I had one, and it was a joy to shoot. The little mini-Mauser action is glassy slick. The 16" barrel makes it short and light at barely over 5lbs. And as with most CZ rifles, the fit and finish is top notch. It sports a cold hammer forged barrel, and it's probably about the best production barrel available for 7.62x39. Standard trigger pull is pretty creepy, but the set trigger had no creep and probably broke at around 1lb (lighter than a S&W revolver in single action).

Warne makes tank-like scope rings for the unique CZ 16mm receiver groove. I put a 2.5X Weaver on it.

Wolf ammo would easily yield < 2 MOA. A higher magnification scope would have cut the group sizes, and handloads probably would have been impressive. But, I never bothered, since this really isn't a precision rifle.

I sold it because it really didn't fit a role in my collection. It's an excessively accurate, incredibly high quality, brush gun marginally suitable for medium-sized game. If you buy this gun, you'll probably throw away your SKS in shame and disgust.

If CZ made a short action Mauser in .308 with a sub 20" cold hammer forged barrel, I'd be all over it.
    Last edited by 8200rpm; 02-06-09 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    8200rpm, do you know when your gun was made or can you give a rough guess? Does your factory test target say 2006 on it?

I've also thought about getting one of these in the same caliber. But, I heard there may be some extraction problems with cheap ammo (like Wolf). But, this problem may depend on whether the gun is a newer one or older one? I'm not really sure of this, so I'm just researching this and collecting information.

The main reason I would get one is to shoot Wolf (that I also have a ton of) so that's a big issue for me.

Thanks.

Joe Mamma
    Last edited by Joe Mamma; 02-08-09 at 10:59.
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    8200rpm, do you know when your gun was made or can you give a rough guess? Does your factory test target say 2006 on it?

I've also thought about getting one of these in the same caliber. But, I heard there may be some extraction problems with cheap ammo (like Wolf). But, this problem may depend on whether the gun is a newer one or older one? I'm not really sure of this, so I'm just researching this and collecting information.

The main reason I would get one is to shoot Wolf (that I also have a ton of) so that's a big issue for me.

Thanks.

Joe Mamma
    The 50 meter factory test target is dated 02-22-2006. Both the receiver and barrel was stamped "06". I think I had the newer one; I had no extraction issues whatsoever.

Feedback Score

thx. nice pics, btw