Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use gloves while shooting?

Feedback Score
    I have a battered pair of USGI Nomex flight gloves, and they work fine. IF/when I ever wear them out, I might replace them with a pair of the Oakley tactical gloves - I've tried out a pair that a friend has, but my cheap ass can't justify them right now.

Feedback Score
    I have tried all kinds of stuff and finally settled on USGI flight gloves back when i was still in the service. I have little girl hands so finding stuff that fits without having to cut fingers is hard.

About a week ago i found these little jobs in the local P.X.

They cost $10.00, actually fit my webbed mutant hands and are comfortable as hell. They are made by a company called Whitewater.

They are backed by a mesh/spandex type material and the underside appears to be deerskin (or thin leather,not really sure). Quality seems good so far and at that price im going to stock up whenever i get back there.

Just another option for you.

Feedback Score
    Forgot to add, the leather is thinner than on flight gloves so you have better dexterity(sp?).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03humpalot
    Forgot to add, the leather is thinner than on flight gloves so you have better dexterity(sp?).
    I have only 1 pair left of my issue flight gloves where the fingers are not gone and worn out...I like gloves with short fit, IE not covering the wrist...I gotta check those out.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MASP7
    I'm a lifelong eczema sufferer also, so I know what you mean. I recently found this stuff, which is the best hand cream I've ever used, by far.
    Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion-

http://www.chattem.com/whatsnew/gb-ultimate.asp

My hands crack and bleed every winter, and exposure to Gunscrubber will make them bleed for weeks anytime I'm around it.
    The GB is well worth trying. It's worked better than prescription drugs for me.

As for gloves- try the Neumann receiver gloves-
    http://www.hitrunscore.com/fbr-neuma...er-gloves.html

They have "tackified" leather, which lets you hold on to things better. They're well made, relatively cheap, and for some reason, I find them to be warmer than they ought to be. I got a black set at Dick's sporting goods and used a Sharpie to black out the white lettering. They have lasted for years.
    I originally bought them because a lot of the SWAT guy had them, and were happy with them. They are the only gloves I'm comfortable to shoot with.
    thanks for that link on those gloves and the info on the gold bond lotion. i've thought about buying that stuff before, but never have. i will be buying some tomorrow. thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Mechanix gloves

Might not be tactical, but they are under $20 and avaliable @ any auto parts store

Feedback Score
    Is there a website for ordering mechanix gloves?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    I believe Cabella's sells them, you might try there.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I believe Lowes has them in their stores. Maybe Home Depot too.

Feedback Score

I get mine from Pepboys or Autozone.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast