Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Med section?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Med section?

Any chance of getting a medical/EMT/whatever section added to the tactics and training area?

With our recent TF refugees it would seem to me that we have quite a few qualified contributors.
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-26-09 at 06:16.

Feedback Score
    Could be useful info for sure. I dump over 3-400 in med kit crap a year when Dec 31st comes and I realize I have all kinds of flex spending dough left over....a lot of it I don't know how to use properly.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any chance of getting a medical/EMT/whatever section added to the tactics and training area? With our recent TF refugees it would seem to me that we have quite a few qualified contributors.
    I'm in.

Feedback Score
    Having medical professionals giving first aid tips and IFAK instruction would be a great addition.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I admit, my interest in purely selfish right now as I'm looking to put together some gear and would like a centralized place to ask about it.

Plus, since it would be a new section, nobody can post "use the search, dumbass"!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I think this is a great idea. I would however caution the board admins/owners to check with their lawyers and determine what limits/caveats might be made. I don't want either the board, nor contributors to such a forum to incur liability because someone read something here and then ****ed someone up.

A little while ago I was trying to get a "gunfight" medicine class together through GORGRP, I had some interest though not enough to justify a class.

I will contact them again as a friend is head of their training department if people are interested in such a class. If you are interested please let me know. They are fully vetted and have a medical director that would provide legal protections for students so long as they kept within the curriculum. You'd also get a complete IFAK-type kit with the same gear you use in class.

This is critical information for this lifestyle.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 01-26-09 at 11:13.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    It is a good idea. You might ask RESQDOC (www.gorgrp.com) to moderate, as he just left TF and is a well known SME and Moderator on this topic. DrJSW would be another TF refugee that could also Moderate...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    With our recent TF refugees it would seem to me that we have quite a few qualified contributors.
    What is TF, and why is it generating refugees?
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tactical Forums, and you'd have to ask them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MED SECTION FTW!

A big +10 for this idea. Definitely the only thing this site is lacking. Have been perusing the Med section over at Tactical Response forums, but I could do without some of the asshattery that takes place over there. It would be great if we could get some ER Docs and EMTs to contribute to a Med Section here on M4Carbine.
    Never Forget Those Who Died
    Never Forget Those Who Killed Them

The Road March is the crucible in which the soul is refined. Pulling the trigger is easy. Humping the load over the distance is where you find out who will be on the ambush site to pull the trigger with you. The Road March defines you. Never quit. Come in ugly if you have to, but come in.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast