Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My year with Pmags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Beard View Post
    That feature will start to be phased in sometime this month as an inline change.

Justin Beard
    Magpul Industries
    Tech Support / Customer Service
    Is this feature a complete change of the mag body and floor, or is it just the floor?

And if it is just the Floor, will you be offering an upgrade program?

EDIT: I see it requires an new mag body.
    Last edited by Storydude; 02-04-09 at 09:51.

Feedback Score

PMag development

Everything has it's limitations. That said, the PMags currently being built are the result of continual re evaluation of field testing that has come in over the last two years of combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not one month has gone by in which we have not revised something relating to the PMags design and/or production.

About 6 months ago we added a little step in the notch the snap cover to increase the glass fill in this exact area. First thing I noticed was all these Mags that had this issue are prior to this modification. We also have re engineered the polymer composite and now are even using a completely new mold revision called the PMag 30 M. All little steps that improve the product way past it’s original design.

Since it's introduction the PMag has changed the rules on what is expected from a Polymer magazine. This is credit to our engineers for not being ever satisfied with the final result.

Feedback Score
    It's like the Hokey-Poky

"Since it's introduction the PMag has changed the rules on what is expected from a Polymer magazine."

That's what it's all about!!

I certainly think the bar has been raised from where it was 3 years ago.

Thanks for stopping by the thread Richard.

Sorry you got out bid on the USMC display case at the AmericanSnipers.org auction during SHOT Show. Maybe next year:-)

*IF YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW THE WORDS TO THE SONG, DONT FREAKING COMMENT ON IT. OR SEND ME STUPID PM"s*
    Last edited by Triad Tactical; 02-06-09 at 10:25. Reason: stupid people
    Steve.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The dump pouch: Keeping mags off the deck and happy for years and years.
    Instructor: Sniper, Carbine, Handgun, Shotgun
    Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad Tactical View Post
    It's like the Hokey-Poky

"Since it's introduction the PMag has changed the rules on what is expected from a Polymer magazine."

That's what it's all about!!
    It's obviously tough to keep everyone happy. Some folks fail grasp and/or respect evolution of products. But hey, that's what the intraweb is for, right? Got to spread the word somewhere.
    Last edited by DrDrake; 02-05-09 at 13:58. Reason: typo
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrake View Post
    It's obviously tough to keep everyone happy. Some folks fail grasp and/or respect evolution of products. But hey, that's what the intraweb is for, right? Got to spread the word somewhere.

Not sure why you quoted me when you posted this. Off all your customers, I hope that you understand that I grasp the idea of evolution. I acknowledge that MP has moved forward with the Pmags, and am happy for the improvements.

Those of you that have not really read the thread, go back and start at the first post. As the product evolved, the number of mags that failed went down, and the time it took them to fail went up. That is forward progress and I hope that the viewers here are able to pick up on that.

About the rifles. I looked at two of the rifles. With the upper off, I inserted both loaded and unloaded Pmags into the colt lowers. I could not find any way to make the bolt catch touch the mag at any point other than when the follower moved up. I don't see how that would cause an issue. If it was a problem with the rifles, why did the rate and frequency of failures go DOWN (which is a good thing) as the product was changed?
    Steve.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad Tactical View Post
    Of our first 50 Pmags, 25 were broken after the first class of 500 rounds.
    I have been reading for a while and Im just gonna ask:

50% failure rate in the first class? thats where my mind keeps going back too...

I have been running classes a long time and never seen that type of numbers...

Somethings not sounding right here...
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    duplicate post. sorry.
    Last edited by bmg; 02-06-09 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    I have been reading for a while and Im just gonna ask:

50% failure rate in the first class? thats where my mind keeps going back too...

I have been running classes a long time and never seen that type of numbers...

Somethings not sounding right here...
    I still think it's got to be the result of dropping loaded mags onto a hard surface like concrete. The failure rate makes no sense otherwise.

Feedback Score
    As stated earlier, the range is gravel.

If it was a problem with the rifles or the range, why did the rate and frequency of failures go DOWN as the product was changed? The rifles were the same, the range was the same, the SOPs were the same............
    Steve.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast