Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don’t we hear more about the Benelli M4 Super 90?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Why don’t we hear more about the Benelli M4 Super 90?

It seems like quite the shotgun to me. Are there any issues with it? I’m looking for a defensive shotgun so it’s either this or an 870 with some works done to it.

I like this because it already comes with ghost ring sights, an optic rail, a pistol grip, and a collapsible stock. The operating system is unique too. But I can’t help but think it’s more of a collector’s piece than a defensive piece. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Holy crap the thing is $1500. No wonder it's not more popular.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The operating system is unique too. But I can’t help but think it’s more of a collector’s piece than a defensive piece.
    I have an M1014 and I run it HARD. Benelli's (M4) are very "clean" shooting shotguns that r-u-n.

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    With Benelli's comfortech thing in the stocks it makes the 870 feel like a mule (when you shoot it) but the 870 will always have a place just because it's so cheap (something Benelli probably has no plans to incorperate)

Feedback Score
    Cybin - Have you considered the Benelli M1 Entry shotgun? I really enjoy mine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very nice firearms Red Cobra. I have stayed away from that route because It is my understanding that Shotguns have to be 18 inches over here unless you want to register it. I would love a shorty but I don't want the hassle, extra cost and wait of SBRing a gun. Are you in the States? I'm assuming not by your gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybin
    Very nice firearms Red Cobra. I have stayed away from that route because It is my understanding that Shotgun's have to be 18 inches over here unless you want to register it. I would love a shorty but I don't want the hassle, extra cost and wait of SBRing a gun. Are you in the States? I'm assuming not by your gear.
    Yes I am, Cybin, Tennessee. It's a great state for Class III firearms, and so is New Mexico. The 14" barrel on the Benelli M1 Entry is extremely handy.

It's really not a big hassle if you reside in the right state. Title II weapons are the way to go. I, also, like the Benelli M4, however I'm saving my money for something else (a firearm ofcourse!)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The opaque magazine and G36 threw me off.

damn now I really want an SBR.

Feedback Score
    Yes, Cybin, you gotta get a few SBR's. It's not a G36. It's an SL8-1 converted to look like a G36K. And New Mexico is a great place to have them (I know I used to live in the Desert Southwest!).

The same assault rifle used by the German KSK.

Feedback Score
    Cybin, you might want to check out the July 2002 issue of SWAT magazine. You can order back issues. Louis Awerbuck wrote a good review article, and basically tore the poor Benelli a new one. I'll stick with my classic M1/M3S90's.

http://www.swatmag.com/archive_2002/july02.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast