Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Reloader and Privi

Feedback Score

Privi M-193

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I doubt that would be the issue. I deprime crimped military primers quite a bit with Dillon and RCBS dies and have no problems. They don't feel any different than non-crimped primers.
    I to have decapped Military casings without swaging the crimps out first.....mostly without problems.
    Like you I have been using higher quality reloading equipment. (Mostly Redding)...which is what I am giving this credit to.

However, the few times I have ever broken decapping pins were when depriming crimped in primers on Military casings.

According to the Privi Partizan website posted below they produce a Mil-Spec M-193 which would indicate the use of a crimped primer pocket.

An easy thing for a person new to reloading Military brass to miss.

Knowing this I wouldn't be to quick to rule out this as a possibility for the problem listed.

http://www.prvipartizan.com/
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    Just curious, why did you try to remove the primers?

ETA: Nevermind. When I first read this, it sounded like you were disassembling live rounds and trying to remove live primers.
    Last edited by jmart; 01-30-09 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    I too have decapped Military casings without swaging the crimps out first.....mostly without problems.
    How in the hell would you swage the crimp before you removed the primer?

I've decapped probably 20 thousand Military cases, and I've never broken any component.

Feedback Score

I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    How in the hell would you swage the crimp before you removed the primer?
    I've decapped probably 20 thousand Military cases, and I've never broken any component.

Ooops...I stand corrected Markm....Bad choice of words on my part.

I bought 3000 once fired Military casings several years ago for a Prarie dog hunt and ended up breaking two decapping pins using a RCBS Universal Decapping Die. This on the first 200 cases.
    I ended up using a Pin Punch and a Plastic base block to punch out the primers before swaging the primer pockets.

You have me beat by about 17,000 or so if you have 20,000 under your belt.
    Last edited by rat31465; 01-30-09 at 11:42. Reason: spell check
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just processed 300 mixed LC and PPU cases last night and there is definately a difference in the crimp or the brass alloy between the 2. I mangled 2 decapping pins with the prvi also. On 2 cases, the pin peirced the primer.

After the primer is out, it is nice brass. About 5gr heavier then the LC I was loading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12