Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review: Para Ordnance Expert GI45 1911

Feedback Score
    My son picked one up today at Academy in Victoria, TX. $499 out the door is not bad. He is bringing it to me next weekend to go over and we will put some rounda through it, that I can promise you. I told him I have a beautiful set of Cocobolo grips with that guns name on them. Gotta get rid of those cheesy plastic grips that come with it. He is pumped!!!

tex45acp
    All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So a good way to earn business and restore trusti n your integrity would be to post a thorough review. Just saying......
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 02-18-09 at 05:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    So a good way to earn business and restore trusti n your integrity would be to post a thorough review. Just saying......
    The MO appears to be....

1) Spam sites with announcements on new products
    2) Check back for a day or so to get mad when pronouncements of "best ever" are questioned
    3) Never return to thread again after the first day or two

As posted above, this is the same spamming that went on over the Colt/Umarex. Nothing like proclamations of wonderfulness without ever actually using a product.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I know, I was just trying to restore our faith in humanity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The MO appears to be....

1) Spam sites with announcements on new products
    2) Check back for a day or so to get mad when pronouncements of "best ever" are questioned
    3) Never return to thread again after the first day or two

As posted above, this is the same spamming that went on over the Colt/Umarex. Nothing like proclamations of wonderfulness without ever actually using a product.
    1) Sorry if you guys consider this SPAM.
    2) I'm not mad about anything.
    3) After the first day or so, the thread isn't worth watching. I see where the direction of this post has gone. I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Guys can pile on and beat a dead horse as much as they want. I'm not here to entertain that.

M4Carbine.net is a great resource for shooters. Your M4 matrix is great. In fact, I have one printed out to show clients at our shop and one in my range bag when I'm out and about. I'm trying to add value to this site in anyway that I can. To contribute something that I think is worth while. If my reviews aren't up to spec, then I won't post them anymore.

God bless.
    -- Evan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnPointFirearms View Post
    If my reviews aren't up to spec, then I won't post them anymore.
    There's no review though....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's no review though....
    I'm sorry. The day I received the first unit into stock, I quickly snapped these photos, examined the weapon, and posted up my review of the fit and finish. I guess I would call that a review, albeit a brief one. I mistakenly assumed that this small amount of info would be well received. Better to have some info out than none at all, right? A full range trip would take time.

Rest assured, all the big gun magazines will be reviewing this model in detail in the future, so check your local news stand. Sorry the pics and small write up weren't up to the standards of this forum.

God bless,
    Evan

Feedback Score
    Rest assured, all the big gun magazines will be reviewing this model in detail in the future, so check your local news stand. Sorry the pics and small write up weren't up to the standards of this forum.
    I think the standard of actually shooting a gun before calling it the best on the market is a fairly easy one to meet. If you have a hard time living up to a simple standard like that, than I would suggest that you won't be happy with the responses from this crowd.

Personally I couldn't care less what a gun writer has to say about the gun in a magazine that receives advertising revenue from ParaOrd. In all the years I have read the various gunzines I have never read one brutally honest review. I have read a couple where the gun was a total pig but it was blamed on something other than the poor quality of the gun. They do take nice pictures though.
    Last edited by rubberneck; 02-18-09 at 09:33.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    rubberneck has it right.

Do you really not see a problem with this statement
    The new Expert GI45 1911 from Para Ordnance is the best 1911 on the market
    Without having fired so much as a single round out of the gun?

ETA:
    There is a difference between a "new product announcement" and a "new product review".
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-18-09 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sorry the pics and small write up weren't up to the standards of this forum.
    It's not that.

...I'd guess that many of us would like to hear how it gobbles up 200-500 rounds.

(p.s. ... don't be butt hurt. it's not sexy. Man up, blast the pistol, and report back.)
    Last edited by markm; 02-18-09 at 09:53.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast