Thread: Surefire M500 head unit, can it be mounted on something else?

Feedback Score

Surefire M500 head unit, can it be mounted on something else?

I recently bought a Surefire M500. This is the older style (prior to the millineum model). The light is built in to the top forend of the handguards for a carbine sized AR.

Does anyone know if there is a way to place the head unit of this light system, onto something that I can mount onto my railed M4?

I am thinking of using it for two different uppers, one railed and one with no rails (obviously).

I recall seeing a post where someone was making their own light bodies. Was it on here or the "other" site.

Thanks

Here is a similar picture

The head unit is a bit different looking, and mine doesn't have the thing sticking forward on the right side front.
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    I recently bought a Surefire M500. This is the older style (prior to the millineum model). The light is built in to the top forend of the handguards for a carbine sized AR.

Does anyone know if there is a way to place the head unit of this light system, onto something that I can mount onto my railed M4?

I am thinking of using it for two different uppers, one railed and one with no rails (obviously).

I recall seeing a post where someone was making their own light bodies. Was it on here or the "other" site.

Thanks

Here is a similar picture

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1925_113207773

The head unit is a bit different looking, and mine doesn't have the thing sticking forward on the right side front.
    You can buy a SF Millenium body and just stick it onto the head you have.

You can then buy the LT mount and whatever SF tailcap you want.

I have most of these items in stock and can help.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-03-06 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    Grant, PM sent

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

Feedback Score
    Grant,

Here are the Pics as requested:

The battery pack

The Bulb

Head and adaptor

Head

Complete M500

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hmm that is OLD SCHOOL! I can honestly say, that I would have to look at it in order to figure it out.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

You should know better...But I will take it as a compliment!

This is Old School! Notice the Upper receiver on this piece! This is a Vietnam era slabside upper, with a Colt M4 barrel and the old school (pre-Milenium) Sure Fire M-500...my home protection piece, once I get it test fired!

It's all mine!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I am 99% certain that the head is their classic series (as that is what they used. I am just want to see what all I can fit it on (maybe my WG series).

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

After the holidays, I might try to send the head to you so you can try it out on a few different bodies.

I would imagine the threads are the same as on the millenium M500, but am not 100% sure.

I am also looking at your lights, to see if there is anything that fits the bill for my needs.

Can you give a break down of the lights you offer that will attach to the rails?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    Grant,

After the holidays, I might try to send the head to you so you can try it out on a few different bodies.

I would imagine the threads are the same as on the millenium M500, but am not 100% sure.

I am also looking at your lights, to see if there is anything that fits the bill for my needs.

Can you give a break down of the lights you offer that will attach to the rails?

Thanks
    Every light I sell has a built in mount or there is a mount available that will allow you to attach it to a rail.

C4