Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Command Arms stocks? Quality?

Feedback Score

Command Arms stocks? Quality?

I am considering purchasing one of these stocks. it is the Command Arms Accessories.

The specific stock I am looking at is the CBS, witht he ACP adjustable cheek rest.

If I do go through with it, I will be purchasing the entire set up, stock, tube, buffer and all that! price is right around $79.99 for the stock (complete) and another $29.95 for the ACP cheek piece.

Anyone tried this set-up out yet?
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    The stocks are so-so. I played with one and came away with an uninteresting feeling. The plastic is OK but all hardware is junk.

As far as the adjustable cheek piece goes, they are generally worthless on an AR.

Feedback Score
    Glockster look on aimsurplus for the whole kit. IIRC they are $69 there. I bought one from my local shop. I haven't been out to shoot it yet, but the thing I liked about it was the rubber butt pad that comes from the factory.

Feedback Score
    Will the (non existant in that picture) charging handle clear the cheek piece?
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't appear a charging handle would clear it. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am still bidding on a few different stocks on E-Bay, but I am getting tired of getting out bid. If I win one finally, that's cool, if not, I see one of these in my future, without the ACP (at least for now).

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I looked at a CAA stock at the last funshow, it actually felt pretty good, and had storage for (4)123 size Lithium batteries in the stock. I wasn't impressed with the mounting hardware though. I'm not sure it was milspec. It just felt tinny. Not sure who supplied the mounting hardware though, it may not have came with the stock.

I went with the Magpul CTR and it works well for me, and the hardware that came with it (CMT) functions well.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 12-06-06 at 19:34. Reason: Add pic

Feedback Score
    Anyone sell a Mil-Spec M4 style set up for under $80?

That's what I want, and I can't seem to win one on e-bay. I want Mil-Spec only!

I can't afford the CTR right now, but with Mil-Spec hardware, I will be closer than what I am now.

Is Tapco any good?

Feedback Score
    Nevermind that last post, I just realized Bravo Company has a Calvary Arms M4 stock for $66.

Anyone know if it is Mil-Spec?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    Nevermind that last post, I just realized Bravo Company has a Calvary Arms M4 stock for $66.

Anyone know if it is Mil-Spec?
    I think the CavArms tube is commercial spec. CavArms stuff should be a lot better quality than the Command Arms or Tapco stuff.

I don't want to steer you away from Bravo Co, because they're 100% good to go, but if a mil-spec stock tube is what's most important to you (wanting to upgrade later, it sounds), the CMT assembly from G&R has the mil-spec tube, for $87.

On the other hand, if you definitely plan to get CTR, they will eventually be releasing a model for commercial-spec tubes, maybe it'll be out by the time you are ready to upgrade.
    --Josh H.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast