Thread: 5.11 shirt holster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

5.11 shirt holster

Anybody tried one? Looks like an interesting idea for deep concealment.
    http://www.copquest.com/45-6050.htm

Feedback Score
    Hobbes -

I have used a similar item in the past by Kramer. While it does provide deep concealment, access is EXTREMELY slow. Slow enough that I found it to be all but useless unless one is given a VERY long time to access the weapon. In normal business dress, it most definitely does not allow one to discretely place a hand in position to draw the weapon if needed.

For deep concealment, I would highly recommend Smart Carry/Thunderwear (www.smartcarry.com), or one of Fist's (www.fist-inc.com) ultra-thin kydex tuckables. (A number of other makers provide tuckable holsters as well.)

For deepest concealment and versatility in weapons and accessories (knife, spare mag, etc...) it's hard to beat Thunderwear.

Feedback Score
    I've got one and it is pretty comfortable with something lightweight although it is not very fast. I have the Kramer version also as well as various tuckable leather and kydex rigs and the thunderwear. Unless you are working with Eddie Murphy and "going deep, deep, deep undercover", I would stick to the thunderwear or an appendix style tuckable carry system. With two hands in motion you can easily clear your shirt tails with your weak hand while drawing your weapon with your strong hand in what could be called a most rickity-tickness. That is just my opinion. I hope whatever you choose works out for you.

Dave