Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Essential Arms Lowers - review

Feedback Score

Tough Coat vs Anodized

I have a black Tough coat and standard anodized lower. If you have a standard anodized upper such as Bushmaster, CMT, LMT, or Stag, pass on the Tough Coat. The standard anodized matches perfect with those brands. The anodized is actually a deeper black. The Tough Coat is a slightly lighter shade of black that you can notice outside in the sun.
    Overall, the Essential Arms is equal to any big name lower in fit and finish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    you're one of four people whose first post is in this thread.. odd.

you can introduce yourself in a seperate thread and tell us about yourself, or you can just start pontificating straight off the bat like everyone else

welcome to M4C
    I usually wind up in the middle of whatever oddities happen in my vicinity! Glad to be aboard, I was getting back into TOS, and remembering why I left it in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    they dont get too much better than that, but do get a hell of a lot worse. update us when you install the LPK, if you would. i've placed bids on many EA lowers on gun broker, but never more than 130. some have even been won at like 135- i'd probably be inclined to up my max bid after seeing your review here.
    why don't you just call Essential like i did and order them straight from their web site, i just ordered 3 of them, $105.00 each, talked to one of the owners and he will send me three in sequential numbers.

why bid ???????????

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Called up Essential this morning. They picked up on the first try. They're out of normal anondized (and LPK's unfortunately), but I got a Tough Coat on order... should be here in a couple of weeks.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score

Forgot about the thread!

I fogot all about this thread. I had an unxpected chance to attend RC BNCOC phase 1, so my two lowers came in while I was gone.

I just finished assembly last night, with a no-name LPK I had handy. All parts fit without issue. The only problem was a slight "bump" in the area where the takedown pin passes through, it made the upper too tight. Two minutes with a file fixed that, and all else is GTG. The finish (I got standard anodized) is a good match to my upper, and all the threaded holes were clean and straight. Now if I can get the FSB straight on the DPMS barrel (I know,I know, but it was all I could find in 14.5!) I'll have a nice little shootin' iron.

P.S.: I used to be a machinist, so I am fairly competent to comment on the machine work in this lower. The problem I had with the takedown pin area was caused by the end mill that cut it out bouncing, they could fix it by adding a couple of zero-material removing passes to their CNC program.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Kentucky boy

Haha, im from KY too. I just got a Double Star "Star-15" lower and like you said it was quite impressive for not a TOP SHELF brand, even though their all about the same lol. Oh, and some intriging info, i got a buddy who runs alot of black rifles through his store and when he gets double stars in they always come from colorado not winchester, so im thinking JT distributing might be making some since every bodys buyin em up. just a little tid bit of info off the record though

Feedback Score
    Hmmm, I just realized my lowers are consecutive serial numbers. Matched pair of M4's, maybe?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdrimm View Post
    Hmmm, I just realized my lowers are consecutive serial numbers. Matched pair of M4's, maybe?
    what ive always seen, not experienced necesarily, is that when some one orders 2 or 3 lowers from the company, I.E DSC they come consecutive not always on purpose but they just grab three of the shelf in order. And you can just request consec. serials too

Feedback Score
    Makes sense. I have been very happy with EA, I may pick up a couple more, just to put on the shelf. I plan to one day be able to build a rifle from parts I find in the closet, like another poster here today!

Feedback Score
    I can attest on the Essential Arms lowers. I recently built my first AR ( its the first one ive owned as well). It was a good price and is made very well. I put on a RRA lower parts kit and it fits well and the upper i put on it.. an LMT 16" which fits great. Shoots excellently as well. I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another lower from them to build an AR.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast