Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposed Cap on Bonuses

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    What they need to do is take the top 10,000 earners on Wall Street over the past five years and Ban them for life from ever dealing in the financial industry. Either they were in on the cause, or they didn't raise a flag. These are supposed to be the best and brightest, er not so much. That would make sure the next time people raise flags.

Somebody has to got to did ditches.
    How about we punish the people who truly caused it to happen;Jimma Carter, Bill Clinton, Greenspan, and Congress? These guys where just following the stream around the dam that the scum in government built.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    How about we punish the people who truly caused it to happen;Jimma Carter, Bill Clinton, Greenspan, and Congress? These guys where just following the stream around the dam that the scum in government built.
    GWB didn't exactly point the problems out either. But especially Greenspan, he started the fire, and Bernanke is trying to put it out with kerosene. Scholar of the great depression.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    GWB didn't exactly point the problems out either. But especially Greenspan, he started the fire, and Bernanke is trying to put it out with kerosene. Scholar of the great depression.
    GWB tried multiple times to put more regulation and oversight on Fannie and Freddie. There are a bunch of online videos from C-SPAN covered hearings where the Bush Administration tried to rein in F&F. I am not saying they had perfect oversight but they tried to do something to rein it in.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Chuck Shummer have the most immediate personal responsibility for the mortgage problem for forcing lending to unqualified borrowers and blocking Bush reforms.

I think ALL large company executives should receive their excess compensation (say 70% of total) in the form of common stock in their companys that could not be sold for five years from the time they received it. They might then do some realistic long term planning.
    Last edited by DBR; 02-15-09 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    GWB tried multiple times to put more regulation and oversight on Fannie and Freddie. There are a bunch of online videos from C-SPAN covered hearings where the Bush Administration tried to rein in F&F. I am not saying they had perfect oversight but they tried to do something to rein it in.
    They may have tried to do SOMETHING...but THIS SPEECH he gave sort of leaves my opinion of his stance on the issue in the same place. You could have substituted a democrat's voice, the words are the same.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123