Thread: LMT 12" MRP Piston (Now with Pics)

Feedback Score

LMT 12" MRP Piston (Now with Pics)

I got to shoot a LMT 12" MRP Piston today with my coworker. The upper arrived this week and he placed the order for it last April, so he has been pretty eager to finally get it. He swapped out the A2 flash hider and put on the YHM phantom adapter so he can run his AAC 762 can. It looks like with the YHM FH/adapter in place that it will prevent the removal of the the piston/operating rod assembly but will allow you to turn the piston knob upside down if you wanted to shut off the gas.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera so no pictures just yet but I'll try to get some soon. We ran about 200 rds (Prvi Partizan M193) through it in the span of 45 minutes and didn't experience any issues. Fired about 50 rounds suppressed with his AAC 762 can. Something that I noticed that was interesting is that the brass will land in a different spot when shooting suppressed, about 3 feet forward of where it would normally land.

I look forward to getting to shoot this more in the future and am trying to convince him to attend a 3-day class next time Pat or Larry visit Brady, TX.
    Last edited by thetallengineer; 02-16-09 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    I had my coworker send me some photos until I can take better pictures.

Last edited by thetallengineer; 02-16-09 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So the AAC flash-hider doesn't impair the piston removal at all?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakjakman View Post
    So the AAC flash-hider doesn't impair the piston removal at all?

Quote Originally Posted by thetallengineer View Post
    It looks like with the YHM FH/adapter in place that it will prevent the removal of the the piston/operating rod assembly but will allow you to turn the piston knob upside down if you wanted to shut off the gas.
    I didn't spend any time seeing if there is enough wiggle room in place but it doesn't look like it will.