Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converted another AR hater

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Converted another AR hater

Feedback Score
    Nicely done. What kind of ammo did he use, if you know?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Excellent. Hopefully it helps undo the "I hate the AR" impact on his numerous readers.

And thumbs-up to CD. I know cosmetics are merely (um) cosmetic, but I bought one for $130 last week, and recommended a friend do the same. The finish is like black silk, and the only thing off to my naked eye is some rough edges on the center seam, within the trigger guard. Don't think my finger will notice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    The CD LE AR15 has caught a lot of people off guard, its not what they expect from the Charles Daly name.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nicely done.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    Excellent. Hopefully it helps undo the "I hate the AR" impact on his numerous readers.
    It's tough arguing the AR on his forum. Sure get tired of hearing "it's so hard to clean" and "once I had this Bushmaster, blah blah blah." I've already challenged a few people to shootoffs, their...whatever versus my ARs.
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 02-15-09 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate to say it, but they really pumped out some crap handguns over the last few years - it's just hard for me to WANT something that says Charles Daly on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good job, Bax,

From reading mad Ogre's post, with statements like this:

"When the rifle came, I was expecting it to be at the Bushmaster/Armalite level, meaning typically Milspec and rough.

Milspec and rough? I don't know where to begin with that one. I suppose AKs come pristine. Also, Bushmaster/Armalite are less than milspec.

also:

"I did have one failure with the rifle, and I'm going to take that on the chin and admit it was Operator Error. I didn't have the magazine seated properly, so when the weapon fired the first round, the magazine fell so it couldn't feed the next one."

Why mention this at all since it was clearly an operator error reflecting on the users skills rather than the gun.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    It's tough arguing the AR on his forum. Sure get tired of hearing "it's so hard to clean" and "once I had this Bushmaster, blah blah blah." I've already challenged a few people to shootoffs, their...whatever versus my ARs.
    Which always strikes me as amusing, since you can basically not clean it at all as long as you keep it lubed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I hate to say it, but they really pumped out some crap handguns over the last few years - it's just hard for me to WANT something that says Charles Daly on it.

The difference is that they have imported those weapons, the ARs they are building themselves.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast