Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone try the Bushmaster Carbon 15 R97F Rifle

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    MSAR would be another good option

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmt-cazy View Post
    i want to get the Bushmaster Carbon 15 R97F Rifle for my wife, she is about 90lbs, she doesn't like my LMT, because she can only hold it for about 5 sec., hoping she'll like bushmaster super light weight (4.5lbs). she said i can't get another rifle untill she get one. nyone try the Bushmaster Carbon 15 R97F Rifle? know anyone have it instock? or anyone can think of a better rifle, have to be super light weight.
    There's another thread from a year or so ago about lightest weight rifles.

Pass on the carbon 15. They've had trouble giving them away. Literally.

Plenty of IBOs and ladies like the Colt Gov Carbine (AR6520) and run it well. It's the lightest weight and lowest quality I'd get for any important task.

A 6520 swapped for an railed upper, with T1, is a great lightweight fighting gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dorchester View Post
    M-1 Carbine. Check DocGKR's sticky on the subject.
    +1 good point

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I vehemently disagree with this. Why people insist on giving petite women snub-nosed revolvers as their first handgun is beyond me. I have seen way too many petite new shooters/snubby revolver combination go through the many Basic Pistol classes I have taught to tell you that this almost always ends in disaster. The only thing these women end up developing is a very pronounce flinch (usually low) and a deep hatred for shooting.

I have found that once they are taught the proper technique to manipulate a slide, a polymer-framed 9mm, such as the Glock 19 (just as an example), works out much better for the shooter's enjoyment and effectiveness.

Don't get anything "cuter" like the Ruger PF-9, Kel-Tec P-32 or P-3AT or Ruger's version though. Take her to a range that rents handguns or ask some of your friends to let her try different ones. Even better, find a competent Basic Handgun Instructor who would be willing to teach her the fundamentals and to let her try various handguns.

But that's just my 2 cents worth!!
    I agree light weight snub-nosed revolvers are s terrible idea. My friend got one for his wife and even I hated shooting it. It is just brutal!

The lightest carbine type I could think of, that she might be able to shoot, is a Kel-Tec SUB 2000. OK, so it not an AR but she should be able to handle it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123