G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 133

Thread: Why M4Carbine.net?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,624
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hehehe - I love the group photo. There's a rogue's gallery for you!

    It would be fascinating to tally up the centuries of experience represented in that picture.
    There are some real deal shooters in there. Some of the most talented gun slingers I have come across are in that photo.


    C4

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    5,954
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm probably the least glamorous of the bunch ():

    National Rifle Association Endowment Life Member.

    Concealed Carry Permit Holder.

    I've attended training under the tutelage of the NRA, Blackwater, Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers, David Pennington and 10-8 Consulting. Total of 184 hours of documented private firearms training.

    Title II firearm addict.

    1911 and M16/AR15 enthusiast.

    Avid hunter and sportsman.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 02-17-09 at 10:05.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,624
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I'm probably the least glamorous of the bunch ():

    National Rifle Association Endowment Life Member.

    Concealed Carry Permit Holder.

    I've attended training under the tutelage of the NRA, Blackwater, Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers, David Pennington and 10-8 Consulting. Total of 184 hours of documented private firearms training.

    Title II firearm addict.

    1911 and M16/AR15 enthusiast.

    Avid hunter and sportsman.

    You are also one of the best shooters I have met and your weapon knowledge is extremely high.


    C4

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    5,954
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You are also one of the best shooters I have met and your weapon knowledge is extremely high.
    Nah, you have me confused with some of our other mods and staff. It's pretty sad that I HAVE to be "that guy" at the mod classes.

    I think our mix of regular guys, military professionals, industry professionals and subject matter experts is what makes us a very unique forum. We have a pretty good balance of people.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 02-17-09 at 11:18.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,829
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    What makes M4Carbine.net the best site of its kind on the internet? What brought you here and what keeps you here?
    GotM4 brought me here. We met at a Bushmaster Carbine Operator's course in May of 2006. I did a little writeup of the vehicle shoot that was a part of that course and Robb found the thread and somewhere along the line sent me an IM to come and check out a new site called M4Carbine.net.

    I signed up for an account and after a bit of participation and figuring out who was behind some of the screen-names I saw tremendous value in this site.

    Through this site I've had access to training opportunities and information I simply wouldn't have found anywhere else. I can also rely on the information I get here. You can fit what I know about building AR's into a thimble, but if I ask a technical question I'm 100% positive I'm going to get a good answer from a number of folks.

    When I really need to know something about firearms, somebody here has a reliable answer.

    The presence of our IP's and SME's is another huge benefit. Some folks in those ranks will only post on this site.

    The unique training opportunities (like the Vickers/Hackathorn low light classes, or Dave Pennington's Concealed and Off Duty course this weekend) are my favorite part of the M4C experience. I've really enjoyed those classes and meeting my classmates. Watching a line of guys stack up on the pineapple upside-down cake at the Low Light II class is the kind of thing you never forget.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,028
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Totally off topic, but that's an interesting way of documenting that. Something I never thought of.
    I am using conservative numbers because it is always best to underestimate than overestimate IMO. I assign 8 hours as a day of class, even though many training environments that I have been in go more like 10 or 11.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,624
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Nah, you have me confused with some of our other mods and staff. It's pretty sad that I HAVE to be "that guy" at the mod classes.

    I think our mix of regular guys, military professionals, industry professionals and subject matter experts is what makes use a very unique forum. We have a pretty good balance of people.

    No, I think Dinger is usually "that guy!"



    C4

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,624
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I am using conservative numbers because it is always best to underestimate than overestimate IMO. I assign 8 hours as a day of class, even though many training environments that I have been in go more like 10 or 11.

    Agree. I use 8hr per day (even though they tend to be MUCH longer).


    C4

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,863
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Agree. I use 8hr per day (even though they tend to be MUCH longer).


    C4
    I won't even start to add mine--not that it helps me much!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,624
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I won't even start to add mine--not that it helps me much!
    Ya, I know that some of you guys have THOUSANDS of hours logged (just too many to keep track of).


    C4

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •