Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why M4Carbine.net?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I keep track of my formal training, insamuch as total courses and (conservative) total hours. This is relatively easy when you are a civilian paying for each class out-of-pocket... obviously practice time is hard to quantify so I don't try to. We have thousands upon thousands of combined total hours amonst our staff and moderators.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 02-17-09 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My resume is not worthy of posting so I will bypass that side off the thread.

I will say that this forum has a lot of great guys who know there stuff. I have attended a Vickers pistol course and am looking forward to hopefully 2 more this year. I am a 1911 NUT but overall I am a firearms enthusiast of all kinds. I have been working at a feverish pace to play catch up with most on here but I am just about there with the exception of a .308.

I want to personally thank all who I have learned from, either speaking with on the phone or meeting at Vickers or by merely reading their posts. I also want to thank all of the pros who post great informative threads for newbies trying to learn the ropes. Katar and Templar threads have been very helpful and saved me from having to ask stupid questions.

Thanks again to ALL for making this a great site to learn from.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Not necessary! This thread is a "get to know us" thread for the staff, mods, IP's and SME's to post some of their relevant training and experience.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Katar and Templar threads have been very helpful and saved me from having to ask stupid questions.
    My pleasure. Templar is an incredible resource for general firearms knowledge.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was obligated to post, otherwise I would have left mine off too.

Fact is, if you are getting out and learning from good, fundamentals based instructors you are "doing it right" -- in my book.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Technically, they all are, I would just have to sit down to add.

The thing I've learned is that you never stop learning. I try to pick up anything I can and use it if it works.

Long ago, I took a Beretta Auto Pistol Skills course. The Instructor was a retired Chicago PD guy(Jack Manfree). I remember the first thing he said "everything I'm about to teach you is stuff I picked up along the way and used and found it to work, nothing is "my own" That statment gave him my respect since he wasn't up there beating his chest, professing that he just invented gunfighting.

He was a great instructor, that was early on in my formal training and I try my best to continue that line of thinking.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I was obligated to post, otherwise I would have left mine off too.

Fact is, if you are getting out and learning from good, fundamentals based instructors you are "doing it right" -- in my book.
    Ed, you are a great shooter and a valuable addition to M4C.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just try and listen and learn.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    My pleasure. Templar is an incredible resource for general firearms knowledge.
    You can ask Templar to tell you the exact military model designation for a Turkish parade rifle seen on a specific date and he can tell you. I can't even remember my own birthday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

I am a relative newcomer to M4C.

I was steered in this direction after making some inquiries about firearms training with Larry Vickers, whom I had heard so much about.

Well, five classes later and countless hours under the tutelage and fellowship of Larry, Ken Hackathorn, and David Pennington, and several GREAT M4C mods ... I have to say ...

Thank you M4C.

Grant, this is an incredible community and a great learning/training resource for clueless folks like myself.

As far as my background, it ain't much to talk about.

I can say... I believe I have a burning desire to learn and perfect my craft. M4C is definitely the place to help me do just that.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast