Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Hawk GRP?

Feedback Score

Night Hawk GRP?

As the title states, I am looking for information regarding the GRP model from Night Hawk Custom. Any opinions on this 1911 from actual owners/users? Seems like it could be a decent buy from a reputable company without spending the full "3 to 5". Your input is is greatly appreciated.

Link to the weapon I am referring too bellow:

http://www.nighthawktactical.com/GRP.html

Feedback Score
    Not sure if you know about the forum with a dedicated "Nighthawk" section, you can talk to GRP owners there, and Larry Lyles from Nighthawk is on the forum also to answer any questions. Hope this helps .............. http://forum.m1911.org/

P.S ...............My Vickers Tactical runs strong and smooth

Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never even had the inkling of a problem. I trust mine enough to use it as my CCW. That I think, is the best thing I can say about it.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Feedback Score
    I've had one that I had built for me in early 2006. Its a bit of a hybrid between the GRP and the Talon. Back then at least you could ask for some personal tweaking and adjustments. I'm not sure it the same holds true now.

I haven't shot it much in the past year, but the round count is somewhere in the range of 4,000 at this point. Its not my carry gun - but that's because policy says so.

I can't recall what were Talon and what were GRP specific features, but the top of the slide is serrated. I got rid of the front slide serrations, added a mag well and removed all the rollmarks. My memory fails me on what else I had them do. Sorry!

But its definitely a shooter. It has been completely reliable and it is very accurate.

Wearing black grips and with my Springfield Professional

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have gotten the adjustable sights. The sights have a specific cut which totally limits what you can replace them with. But other than that, I've been very happy with mine.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I had a Nighthwak Predator. Buy in confidence.

Feedback Score
    I owned a GRP. It was swell. Finally had to ditch it because I simply could not acclimate to the Novak Extremeduty adjustable night sights. Something about the protective "ears" that played mind games with me and my ability to acquire a flash sight picture. I prefer a much simpler sight, like the 10-8 or Heine Ledge.

My favorite 1911 is NHC's T3.

Tim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Federale View Post
    I've had one that I had built for me in early 2006. Its a bit of a hybrid between the GRP and the Talon. Back then at least you could ask for some personal tweaking and adjustments. I'm not sure it the same holds true now.

They still do. My GRP ended up looking like the love child of a 10-8 and GRP.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 13F3OL7 View Post
    They still do. My GRP ended up looking like the love child of a 10-8 and GRP.
    That's good to know. I've been thinking about getting a matching pistol in a smaller frame. A Bobtailed Talon II with no rollmarks would be cool. So would a T3.

Although I've also thought of getting it build by Springfield to all the Pro's specs but in a smaller size.

I guess I need to save up and make up my mind.

Feedback Score
    Enforcer here. Very happy with it and it is with me 24/7.

Last edited by Sidewinder6; 02-20-09 at 12:07. Reason: Added pic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Springfield's custom shop builds the gun will they build it without that silly locking system?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast