Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mike Early was the best sales rep ever, for any company.

I have not had any issues with any of my orders, or the reps that handled them since he left a year or two back, but the sales reps do come off a bit unconcerned over the phone occasionally.

Any time that I have spoken to Mark directly has been a completely positive experience.

ETA: I ordered a 12.0 rail directly from LaRue the week before SHOT '09, and was told it would be about two weeks for it to ship out. The finished product showed up on my door-step 16 days later.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 02-26-09 at 15:00. Reason: current feed-back

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Far be it from me to stand up for Mark but...

...I think you just caught the phone dude at the wrong time.

Imagine, fielding dozens if not hundreds of phone calls a day, often while trying to juggle 18 other things in addition to the 14 fires you're trying to put out.

(RMA's, expedited orders, finding out why the folks in shipping haven't gotten out that one box yet, why the folks in the shop haven't gotten the folks in shipping the stuff FOR that same box, updating a website, taking overflow orders, answering emails, asking your boss about the best way to answer those emails, technical questions, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Sometimes, you just catch the guy at the wrong time and his being brief (and mentally exhausted) is confused for rude & apathetic.

Just my take on the issue...Shit happens, especially nowadays.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    So far my one conversation with the folks at LaRue probably left them hoping I don't call again. Was so excited that I forgot where I put my card, took a few minutes to find... yeah, not smooth on my part.

But, the man was courteous and patient. I forget who it was, but he was professional, and that's all I could ask after making a damn fool of myself.

Having worked in retail, especially busy retail, I can empathize with folks like Mark and his gang right now, and with the other retailers in general. I encourage everyone to read MisterWilson's post, especially the part in parentheses. When you've got a laundry list of wrongs that need righting and have to babysit the phone because, without fail, you will get phone calls from folks wanting to know where their stuff is, and from folks wanting to know if they can buy stuff, and folks wanting to just complain about their stuff taking too long to get there... sometimes you just can't keep your cool. I'm certainly guilty of that, myself.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    I have had good luck with Larue customer service. I bought a BCG from them last month and the gas key wasn't staked at all. I was a little dissapointed, but I wanted to shoot my new rifle so I stuck it in and figured I'd just go buy a MOACKS since I need that anyway. Well after I got back from test firing my gun, I noticed Larue had sent out an email regarding the bolts. I called up and told them I got a bad one and even though I had put a few rounds through it(20) they just sent me a new one and took back the bad one(I figured they were just going to fix my old one, but I'm not good with phone calls so I might have misheard them). I have to say that I was impressed that they contacted me about the issue before I got to them and the fact that they overnighted the replacement BCG(and even more amazing was that UPS actually got it here overnight). Larue Tactical will definately get my business again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post

Imagine, fielding dozens if not hundreds of phone calls a day, often while trying to juggle 18 other things in addition to the 14 fires you're trying to put out.

Sometimes, you just catch the guy at the wrong time and his being brief (and mentally exhausted) is confused for rude & apathetic.

Sorry but that dont wash. I deal with the public every day and if you dont have your game face on 100% of the time is causes MAJOR problems. You HAVE to handle the customers properly all the time. If not you have no bussiness being in customer service. My wife is in CS too. takes about 100+ phone orderes a day for a major call center. ALL calls are recorded and listened too. they are constantly evaluated for performance.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    LaRue CS has been nothing but good to me, above and beyond. Your not going to find much LaRue hate. He makes damn good products, period. You caught'em on a bad day.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post

(RMA's, expedited orders, finding out why the folks in shipping haven't gotten out that one box yet, why the folks in the shop haven't gotten the folks in shipping the stuff FOR that same box, updating a website, taking overflow orders, answering emails, asking your boss about the best way to answer those emails, technical questions, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Probably DID catch them on a bad day, but is that any excuse...no.

Im on the phone with customers ALL day. I fix their problems and treat them kindly no matter how mad they are...I deal with sys admins who "know what they're doing" and when something is broken "it's not their fault...no matter what". So we're the guys who help the guys who "know everything" in our field.

we've hit 100% for "kind and polite service" on our surveys, whether or not the customer's problem was fixed to their expectation for 3 years now.

Im not sure if Im going to give them another chance...I'll be buying rails once my bonus or tax check comes in (whichever comes first). I can get dealer price on DD, MI, YHM, TROY and VLTOR. I was going to go with larue based on their quality even though I CANT get dealer pricing through them.

Still mulling it over.
    Last edited by Kaos; 02-21-09 at 19:38.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    If I were you I would just go elsewhere. You've had a bad experience and there are other vendors with similar high-quality products so why fight it?

I've always had good experiences with LaRue and I will continue to look to them first when I need an AR part. Whenever I have sent them an email I have always received a fast, courteous response. I can't recall ever calling them on the phone.

I'm in retail sales myself and nowadays people demand Neiman-Marcus service and they have no patience if we don't deliver. I run across a fairly good percentage of people that are totally unreasonable no matter what I do. I'm not suggesting that you fall into that category I'm just relating my experience with the public.
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score

LARUE GREAT CS EVERYTIME.

I placed a small $900.00 order with them 3 weeks ago and I always seem to get MR.Roboto he is very straight to the point. Its not that hes mean or doesn't care its his personality. But they always tell me when i should expect my package, and their damn close. And always send at least $50.00 worth of goodies every time to boot. I'm sure you never gotten shorted or wronged by anyone else you,ve dealt with. Great people and Great products. In my book.
    "you wanna know what i think....it don't really matter what i think. once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit go right out the window!"SFC Hoot Hooten.

( what are you gonna do )" I'm gonna get better and burn their play house down".
    Bob Lee Swagger

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gjj View Post
    I want to begin by saying that I think Larue products are the best out there. I own at least 5 different Larue mounts.

HOWEVER, I have found their phone salespeople to be short and, at times, rude. Today was the last straw. I called to follow up on an order I was told could ship immediately. The guy on the phone treated my like I was dirt. My order wouldn't ship when promised AND he could not tell me when it would ship.

The attitude is what caused me to cancel my order. The guy was just too cool to care.

Good product. Poor people skills from Larue salespeople. Lost business.
    I have always spoken to Austin at Larue and he has been very professional. I have no complaints and only praise.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast