Thread: Purpose of Paracord on bipod legs?

Feedback Score

Purpose of Paracord on bipod legs?

I have recently observed a few pictures posted where the users have attached paracord to their bipod legs.

I am unsure where the pictures are now, but was wondering if this was done to assist in quick pick-up of the rifle, or if it was intended for carrying of the firearm.

Anyone done this and why?
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen some of the pics you reference, but I believe the cord only serves to quickly pull down BOTH LEGS at the same time. I see the merit but I also see how such a cord could easily TANGLE in all sorts of things...

I'm not sold on it yet, but those who do it are FAR more experienced than I with real combat experience, whereas I am just a chairborne ranger... So take it for what it's worth...

Rmpl

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, they are there for deploying both legs quickly.

There isn't necessarily a worry of them tangling in the jungle if you aren't carrying the rifle in that sort of area...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...