Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel targets.

Feedback Score

Steel targets.

I am finally getting around to starting to put together my steel target setup for training, so that I wont have to borrow from a friend anymore. I've been looking at Salute, MGM, etc. Anyone have any other/good recommendations on who to go with? They must be made from AR500 steel.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Someone asked this quesiton on G&R's forum, with Grant highly recommending the Salute targets.

I actually just placed my order with them today. I'd looked at Salute and MGM as well. I liked what I saw with Salute and after the feedback that I've read on their targets I went with them. It probably won't help you much, but I'll update this thread as soon as I get back from the range with it.

Feedback Score
    We use MGM. Good workmanship, great customer service. They have AR500 targets in stock usually.
    John Chapman - Director of Training
    LMS Defense
    http://www.LMSDefense.com
    JohnChapman@LMSDefense.com

Feedback Score
    Something I've been thinking of lately as well. Thanks for the names. Here are some links for others;

Salute Products

Mike Gibson Manufacturing

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The new MGM website looks good. I purchased one of their Colt speed plate auto poppers about three years ago. A very good training aid for public ranges that rarely go cold.

I am looking forward to trying out the Salute targets. While the auto popper bases are nowhere near as stable as the MGM sniper base, they appear to be more portable and quicker to disassemble. I do wonder how secure the pin is, though. The static target setup seems pretty nice. Hope the steel (and the shooter ) holds up to rifle NSRs at pistol distances.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went with MGM. They didn't stock what I wanted and they were more than willing to make it for me. The other good thing about them is that most of their prices includes shipping.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I recently had a chance to try out the Salute target at a Rob Haught
    shotgun class. We shot everything from bird shot to slugs at a very
    close range. The targets took the punishment with no ill effects.

I'd say Salute targets are good to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    I am finally getting around to starting to put together my steel target setup for training, so that I wont have to borrow from a friend anymore. I've been looking at Salute, MGM, etc. Anyone have any other/good recommendations on who to go with? They must be made from AR500 steel.
    Shucks, it's deja vu. :-)

Started this shop in 1980, we entered the tactical business back in the early '90s making our LaRue Auto-resetting Sniper Targets ... they helped put us on the map ... but our's are more well-known with the long-gun folks. ;-)

FYI, like all things electro-mechanical, they need an occasional going-over. If you know of any of our targets sitting in-op in a corner somewhere...then police them up and send them back to us and we'll service them and get them back out on the range...most of the time for no-charge. The occasional shot-to-hell by a mini-gun unit requires a few purchased parts, but all in all, the cost is nil to keep them running forever.

You can see 'em on our website or on the GSA-Advantage store - (search LaRue).

M. LaRue

Feedback Score
    I've bought from http://www.themetalman.com/targetindex.html and have been very happy with my purchase.

I've also used targets from http://www.gttargets.com The owner is a great guy an supports a lot of competitive shooting.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score

Steel Targets

Ive used MGM, LaRue, PortaTarget and Salute products over the years and have been happy with all of them. The Salute targets are my current take to class brand due to the portability and versatility of the designs. Also one of the principals in the company is a great guy, active duty Marine who puts his butt on the line to support his troops even when its not popular with the brass, so Im happy to support his products.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast