Page 283 of 408 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    His response was “I don’t need training; I was in the military”. Had to chuckle and walk away!
    I HATE that. Usually it's the guys who did a brief stint in the service, only shot a rifle at basic, and otherwise didn't touch a weapon during their entire time in the service, who think that they are world-renowned experts. I worked with a former marine for a short time who was truck mechanic while he was in the Corps. He would brag, being completely serious, that he and all other marines were as capable as any SEAL, Delta, or Ranger of conducting special operations. He was one of those guys who got arrested as a kid and told by the judge to join the Marines or go to jail. And unfortunately, the Corps didn't straighten him out; he's still the same dirtbag but with a bigger ego.

There's another guy who comes into our store occasionally that we call "Air Force Guy" because he always, ALWAYS wears the same "USAF Retired" hat and shirt. He expects a discount above and beyond our usual serviceman's, and he likes to spend his time lecturing us on how everything we think we know about guns and gun safety is wrong. One time, he commented that my co-worker and I were fools because we both carry Glocks. He said striker fired guns are worthless because you can't carry them loaded safely. Only guns with hammers are safe to carry loaded.
    I told him that no, striker guns are perfectly safe and that is one of the many reasons why they are so popular. He looked at me like a drill instructor about to smoke a recruit, then went into a long winded story about the first time he qualified for his carry permit (where he lived at the time, he needed to shoot while monitored by a police officer in order to get his permit). He talked about how he got a near perfect score, and how the police officer commented that it was obvious he was in the military because he followed directions so well and was such a good shot. All the while, I'm waiting for him to tell me about someone's Glock malfunctioning and shooting him in the ass, leading him to fear striker fired guns...or something like that. Nope. The point of his story was, he said, "When it comes to guns, I have experience and I know what the hell I'm talking about."
    I told him thank you for your story and your service, but I stand by my statement and my own training and experience with striker-fired pistols. I too know what the hell I'm talking about. Two days later, he came in and bought a Springfield XD. Go figure.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW most no BS Rangers that haunt the LGS I'm willing to go to tend to flock towards the bolt actions, Berettas, Ruger .22s, 1911s, and whatnot.

Either they are good on the AR front or are just ARed out; but seriously while I have seen guys in uniform get an AR once in a while; they all go toward the redneck guns or they are getting a personal pistol or one for their wife.

Like a few months ago when I went to the indoor range, I saw the gun store guy beaming about the SCAR and GI said "Man, F that piece of shit". Gun storeguy was taken aback and went on about SCARs and dude said "Man, YOU can think that. No thanks. Lemme see the LMT."

So I eavesdropped a tad, but apparently he had a negative SCAR experience.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    FWIW most no BS Rangers that haunt the LGS I'm willing to go to tend to flock towards the bolt actions, Berettas, Ruger .22s, 1911s, and whatnot.

Either they are good on the AR front or are just ARed out; but seriously while I have seen guys in uniform get an AR once in a while; they all go toward the redneck guns or they are getting a personal pistol or one for their wife.

Like a few months ago when I went to the indoor range, I saw the gun store guy beaming about the SCAR and GI said "Man, F that piece of shit". Gun storeguy was taken aback and went on about SCARs and dude said "Man, YOU can think that. No thanks. Lemme see the LMT."

So I eavesdropped a tad, but apparently he had a negative SCAR experience.
    Well, at least he DID say "LMT"...not Windham, Bushy, Oly,ect.ect.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You guys ever browse the EE, see something you'd totally buy only to scroll down to the bottom and see a totally insane asking price?

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on an ad, literally said "**** thaatttttt" out loud and moved on. This happens most frequently with stippled handguns and upper receivers. There is some work right now in the EE!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You guys ever browse the EE, see something you'd totally buy only to scroll down to the bottom and see a totally insane asking price?

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on an ad, literally said "**** thaatttttt" out loud and moved on. This happens most frequently with stippled handguns and upper receivers. There is some work right now in the EE!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. People need to realize that stippled and modified Glocks are still Glocks...
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I see it all of the time. It doesn't seem to be that bad on here, but you will get the occasional new guy thinking it's TOS and throw his gun up there for too much. My areas local gun trader/sales page though is terrible. Daily I see used guns are put up for over MSRP. Case in point, HK VP9 LE with 150 rounds down the range, $900.....
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I see it all of the time. It doesn't seem to be that bad on here, but you will get the occasional new guy thinking it's TOS and throw his gun up there for too much. My areas local gun trader/sales page though is terrible. Daily I see used guns are put up for over MSRP. Case in point, HK VP9 LE with 150 rounds down the range, $900.....
    That's just nuts. Who buys those guns?

This is why I actually love my two local stores....as LGSs go.

Case in point. Just bought this. Now obviously it's not a mint gun. Has holster wear but seriously who gives a shit

The other LGS I go a unissued like new but still a Police trade in G22 with night sights and 2 mags $ 295. G17 used police a little cheaper

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I HATE that. Usually it's the guys who did a brief stint in the service, only shot a rifle at basic, and otherwise didn't touch a weapon during their entire time in the service, who think that they are world-renowned experts. I worked with a former marine for a short time who was truck mechanic while he was in the Corps. He would brag, being completely serious, that he and all other marines were as capable as any SEAL, Delta, or Ranger of conducting special operations. He was one of those guys who got arrested as a kid and told by the judge to join the Marines or go to jail. And unfortunately, the Corps didn't straighten him out; he's still the same dirtbag but with a bigger ego.

There's another guy who comes into our store occasionally that we call "Air Force Guy" because he always, ALWAYS wears the same "USAF Retired" hat and shirt. He expects a discount above and beyond our usual serviceman's, and he likes to spend his time lecturing us on how everything we think we know about guns and gun safety is wrong. One time, he commented that my co-worker and I were fools because we both carry Glocks. He said striker fired guns are worthless because you can't carry them loaded safely. Only guns with hammers are safe to carry loaded.
    I told him that no, striker guns are perfectly safe and that is one of the many reasons why they are so popular. He looked at me like a drill instructor about to smoke a recruit, then went into a long winded story about the first time he qualified for his carry permit (where he lived at the time, he needed to shoot while monitored by a police officer in order to get his permit). He talked about how he got a near perfect score, and how the police officer commented that it was obvious he was in the military because he followed directions so well and was such a good shot. All the while, I'm waiting for him to tell me about someone's Glock malfunctioning and shooting him in the ass, leading him to fear striker fired guns...or something like that. Nope. The point of his story was, he said, "When it comes to guns, I have experience and I know what the hell I'm talking about."
    I told him thank you for your story and your service, but I stand by my statement and my own training and experience with striker-fired pistols. I too know what the hell I'm talking about. Two days later, he came in and bought a Springfield XD. Go figure.
    There's a guy who shows up at my lgs I call the safari guy! He's always wearing khaki shirt with an OD green cargo pants and similar color photographer's vest. And the pockets are always stuffed with something. He even has a Panama hat. That's the way I always see him. And he's in there always looking for some new underrated pocket gun. You know, like the Taurus Curve that no one gives a glance but it's secretly some Uber great gun!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. People need to realize that stippled and modified Glocks are still Glocks...
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That's just nuts. Who buys those guns?

This is why I actually love my two local stores....as LGSs go.

Case in point. Just bought this. Now obviously it's not a mint gun. Has holster wear but seriously who gives a shit

The other LGS I go a unissued like new but still a Police trade in G22 with night sights and 2 mags $ 295. G17 used police a little cheaper

I would be broke all of the time if I lived in your area.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 283 of 408 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast