Page 286 of 408 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Claim a 9mm is as good or better than a .40S&W or .45acp.
    What do you mean by 'good'?

When they recommend a Glock to a first time gun buyer, especially a woman. Don't get me wrong because I'm a Glocker and my EDC is a Gock 23, I just don't think they are the ideal gun for a newbie gun owner.

Paul
    A Glock is an excellent first time buy. It's simple, safe, and reliable. Also, there's no suitability of a gun for one sex or the other.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 01-31-16 at 23:48.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The ones that really make me laugh is when Gun Store Kommandos :

I don't entirely agree with you as far as .40S&W goes...I think that the .40 is the most overrated and glorified round in the pistol industry. That's just MY opinion.

And I am by no means a "Glocker" as you so eloquently put it (sounds so derogatory), however, my EDC is a Glock 30S *insert canned laughter here*. That said, I do believe, though the Glock is by far NOT the perfect pistol, it is, however, a phenomenal platform for the novice and expert alike.
    Last edited by ca_fireman19; 01-31-16 at 23:52.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looking at ammo in the local Academy pissed that I'm either going to skip it or pay about twice what I would online.
    The guy next to me is asking about 30.06 ammo and complaining that they don't have what he is looking for.
    "What are you looking for?" I ask. "I dunno you see, Well, I'm shooting out to about 750 yards." he says....
    "Well, I don't think you'll find it here." I said.
    Nothing but hunting ammo in 30.06 not a BTHP in sight. Lots of 30.06 meant mostly for Hogs, the irony is the guy from behind the counter was as lost as he was.
    Last edited by Averageman; 02-01-16 at 00:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Ironic that this old argument was posted in a thread entitled "DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store".

When they recommend a Glock to a first time gun buyer, especially a woman. Don't get me wrong because I'm a Glocker and my EDC is a Gock 23, I just don't think they are the ideal gun for a newbie gun owner.
    What is the ideal handgun for a newbie?

If a person who is new to firearms walks into their LGS and wishes to purchase a handgun for CCW/nightstand duty do they really need something with an external hammer, decocker, and a manual safety?
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 02-01-16 at 03:33.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

I was at a LGS picking up reloading supplies and stop to look at handguns. I noticed a Colt 1911 Combat Commander w/ mini-comp from the Custom Shop and the clerk that looked like Homer Simpson's fatter and dumber twin brother says "I wished I could have carried that Colt instead of the POS P9 when I Served!" as he pointed at the Colt.
    I think you mean M9.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I get people all the time at my tables at the gun shows that pick up an AR grip and ask if it will fit whatever revolver or old hand gun they have.

Some geezer this past weekend was insistent on buying an MLOK rail section so he could attach it to the side of his hand gun to add a laser.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually, even though it is a .45, every woman ever who has shot my 1911 has fallen in love with it. It's slender and has a light trigger. The only downside is that the maintenance and manual of arms isn't so good for someone with no knowledge of firearms.

Revolvers also have a learning curve. Unless you pack speedloaders and train, you may not be able to solve many problems past those 5-6 rounds.

If Glock could make a Glock 19 sized single stack with a single stack grip in 9mm that would be the perfect chick gun.

Like a Glock 225, I guess.

Barring that...the Walther PPS fills that gap.

Me, personally, if I were a 5'2" 100 pound lass....I think my go to guns would be a Walther PPS, 1911 in 9MM, Colt CAR-15 with a 4 pos stock (or a 6721), and a Glock 19.

That's just me.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I think for 99% of people, the 9mm is as good or better than the 40 S&W, and for the majority of people the 9mm is also a better choice than the 45acp. I know with my wife we started with a revolver, and eventually worked up to a Glock 19 before she felt comfortable with a handgun. Most new shooters are better served with a Glock than many other options. I would rather a new shooter learn on a Glock all day over a DA revolver or a tiny .380.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If we were in the Big One of 1916, a 9mm and 45 pistol held the same amount of rounds but .45 had an edge over some of the more impotent 9mm ball of the day.

The high speed gun to have was a .38 Super.

But now in 2016, well....we've come a long way. Me, personally, I like .45 because it was what I was trained on and so used to and just genuinely enjoy shooting it. However, my personal carry is a .357 Sig. A lot of arguments could be made but I like a lot of velocity at close range. In case one absolutely had to do a cranial vault shot to get through all that skull and sinus.

But calibers are like religions, politics, and OS's. Arguments waiting to happen that nobody will agree upon.

Just like my idea for a 7mm-08 AR10 carbine truck gun. People have called me insane....MAD even. But that's another story.
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If we were in the Big One of 1916, a 9mm and 45 pistol held the same amount of rounds but .45 had an edge over some of the more impotent 9mm ball of the day.

The high speed gun to have was a .38 Super.

But now in 2016, well....we've come a long way. Me, personally, I like .45 because it was what I was trained on and so used to and just genuinely enjoy shooting it. However, my personal carry is a .357 Sig. A lot of arguments could be made but I like a lot of velocity at close range. In case one absolutely had to do a cranial vault shot to get through all that skull and sinus.

But calibers are like religions, politics, and OS's. Arguments waiting to happen that nobody will agree upon.

Just like my idea for a 7mm-08 AR10 carbine truck gun. People have called me insane....MAD even. But that's another story.
    Glock or Sig in .357SIG?

Page 286 of 408 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast