Page 3 of 408 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "One in seven? Nah, man, the military went to one in nine barrels, like, 10 years ago!"

--------

"The only reason anybody ever stakes the gas key is so that you're forced to purchase a whole new carrier when it blows, instead of just replacing the key."
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gun Store guy- "If you hit 'em in the chest with .223, the billet tumbles and can come out their ass, the Military designed it that way".

Same guy- "You should buy the gun that feels best in your hand, that one will be the most accurate (as he is handing the guy a Taurus Millennium)".

Same guy- "If I went to Iraq, I would take that right there (As he points to a bone stock Springfield SOCOM II)".

...I really hate how, in a gun store, Gravity and twist rate have no effect on a bullet.
    It's as if when you break the plane of the door, the laws of Physics do not apply anymore.

Oh, and AR's are not reliable, and AK's are not accurate....
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gun store guy - "Yeah I can't come off that (brand new Colt Commander) 'cuz Colt isn't gonna offer guns to the civilian market next year!"

Sure you can't and sure they won't.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    After shooting my M4gery I go back into the gunshop ( this was at an indoor range that lets me shoot my M4 with .22 conversion indoors).

Gunshop imbecile "Hey dude, you need to put your rear sight when you shoot." He was referring to my habit of leaving my BUIS up while shooting with my Aimpoint.

"Meh, I don't mind."

"Well, you ain't gonna hit anything or be able to focus on the dot." Mind you, I have seen this guy shoot. He is mediocre with a rifle and abysmal with a pistol.

"Nah, it's fine. I usually like fixed buis, but I got these because I have a magnifier. But you don't have to put em' down unless you want to."

Then, in a gold-plated example of a logical fallacy, he says...

"Well, you haven't been to Iraq."

"Nope, haven't been there."
    Last edited by The Dumb Gun Collector; 02-22-09 at 12:53.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

ToddG Guest
    Back '94, my (now-) wife and I went to a gunshop in Rockville, MD to buy my first handgun. I'd narrowed down my choices to a P7 or 92FS ... don't ask why.

The first sin the gun store commando committed, he convinced my to buy a Taurus instead so I could carry it cocked and locked.

The second sin the gun store commando committed, he convinced me to buy the adjustable sight version (it went back to Taurus three times because the sight kept coming off, a known problem at the time).

The third sin the gun store commando committed, when I asked him what to use for home defense ammo he whipped out his loaded Glock, waving it all over the store as he wrestled the magazine out of the gun. Then he showed us how he'd dremeled the hollow points of some common JHPs and expoxied primers into the bullet nose so they would, and I quote, "explode inside a guy like a grenade." But he could only sell us Hydrashoks.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was watching gun store employee teen expert with tattoos explaining to someone how Glocks are drop-safe. "Here, watch!" He draws his loaded Glock from his holster and slams it onto the floor. A for theory, D- for practice.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The third sin the gun store commando committed, when I asked him what to use for home defense ammo he whipped out his loaded Glock, waving it all over the store as he wrestled the magazine out of the gun. Then he showed us how he'd dremeled the hollow points of some common JHPs and expoxied primers into the bullet nose so they would, and I quote, "explode inside a guy like a grenade." But he could only sell us Hydrashoks.
    I don't think that one's going to be topped. Wow.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Then he showed us how he'd dremeled the hollow points of some common JHPs and expoxied primers into the bullet nose so they would, and I quote, "explode inside a guy like a grenade."
    I wonder what would actually happen?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Less than an unmolested hollowpoint would do, methinks.

Feedback Score
    A "well respected" gun store owner recently told me that I don't need a chrome barrel in an AR. We only needed them in Vietnam cause of the wet environment. They're a waste of money.
    Also according to him all AR manufacturers are the same and have the same quality.

Page 3 of 408 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast