Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DrDoot

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

DrDoot

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!

First I tried to settle this privately, but he repeatedly ignored my requests and then when he finally did respond was insulting.

Second I clearly offered the sights as "used" and for a discount of 75% off the MSRP. He got a pair of XS sights for $30 + a standard set of Glock sights which can be had for under $20. It was pretty clear for the price that the sights were being offered as-is.

Third the sights he sent in exchange were damaged since he simply put the sights in a regular envelope, the postage machine cut a gouge in both the front and rear sights. Any idiot knows Glock uses plastic sights, moreover the XS sights I sent were delivered in a padded envelope.

Fourth I asked for my sights to be returned and offered him a FULL refund to take the sights back that he called "worthless". He refuses giving me the impression that they aren't so worthless and he's now attempting to engage in subterfuge.

Fifth, from the very first he repeatedly attempted to violate the terms of the agreement. By omitting the 3% for paypal (hoping I wouldn't notice) and then once we had agreed to trade than said that I send him my sights first since he "didn't want his gun to be down". He failed to deliver on his end of the bargain delivering damaged goods.

In short he didn't live up to his end of the deal from the very beginning. He says he isn't happy with the trade, and I'm certainly not happy with it, but he refuses to trade back for a full refund. Common-sense would indicate dishonesty.

I'd be happy to post the insulting emails he sent.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 13:07.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is he a member here? Did you mean Dr. Doom?

Can you post a link to the original thread?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Nope Dr. Doot with a "T". He's only got one post on this forum.

He decided to leave feedback in the member sales section and so I redirected it here.

Here is the original sales thread that contains his response.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=315808#post315808

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Okay, there's no need to post the emails.

I edited the title to accurately reflect his screen name. I also edited your for sale thread as that is not the place for this kind of stuff.

If he's not happy and you've offered a full refund then the ball is in his court. If he doesn't take you up on the offer then he can't complain.
    Last edited by M4arc; 02-22-09 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Okay, there's no need to post the emails.

I edited the title to accurately reflect his screen name. I also edited your for sale thread as that is not the place for this kind of stuff.

If he's not happy and you've offered a full refund then the ball is in his court. If he doesn't take you up on the offer then he can't complain.
    Fair enough.

Feedback Score
    Responses in order of original posts:

First: He sent 4 emails in a day and half. I respond to priority emails first and catch up on the rest when I have time, every other day or so. This guy's definition of "ignoring" him is not responding within 36 hours.

Second: This guy advertised a used set of XS night sights. All he said in the description was that they were on a used pistol and that he didn't know how old they were. He made no mention about the rear sight being completely dead. That's like selling a guy some AA batteries and forgetting to mention the juice is all gone.

Third: The regular Glock sights sent in partial trade were double wrapped in Ziploc bags and put in a regular envelope with tape around it. It was also sent as a "large envelope", as the lady at the counter suggested, because it would not easily pass through the regular mail slot at the post office counter. This is a reasonable way to mail a $5 set of factory Glock sights. Supposedly he received them damaged (although he has failed to send the pictures that he offered to send me first off). If there is anyone at fault for my part of the transaction it's the post office for putting the "large envelope" through regular mail.

Fourth: <Let's stick to the facts. - M4arc> I'm engaging in "subterfuge" because I'm not willing to go through the ropes this guy put me through originally in reverse because he's not satisfied. He asked me to buy him a new set of sights because the ones sent were "gouged", I said no problem, you pay to have these night sights re-illuminated and I'll buy you a brand new set. He didn't like that, so he wanted me to package his sights back up, go back to the post office, mail him his sights, hope that he refunds my money, get my sights back, and reinstall them. All that to get back my original $5 factory Glock sights. That's so far from being reasonable it's laughable.

Fifth: I'm accused of "violating the terms of agreement" because I forgot the 3% for Paypal. That's $0.90 cents. In the emails this guy said that I was intentionally "playing fast and loose" and hoping that he wouldn't notice me stealing 90 cents. Are you serious? So as soon as he notified originally that I had not paid him the 3%, I immediately Paypaled him another 90 cents. He then refunds both my $30 payment and the 90 cent payment and tells me to make another payment of $30.90. Wow. So I do it. (Like I said above, not willing to go through this whole process in reverse.) I also didn't tell him to send me his sights first. I paid the $30 through Paypal, and ASKED if he would mind sending me the night sights first so that I could swap them out when they got here and not have a carry gun down. He said no. That was that, I sent mine first.

This guy sound like someone you want to deal with? He has notified me that I'm a thief and that I'm stealing his night sights (yeah, since they've been paid in full and the trade item was delivered, if not to his satisfaction) and that he's going to be reporting me to the "state AG and postmaster". Wow again. The guy selling dead batteries is going to report me as a fraud because the sights I sent him in the mail were damaged by the post office. Good one.
    Last edited by M4arc; 02-22-09 at 13:40. Reason: Name calling

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoot View Post
    Responses in order of original posts:

First: He sent 4 emails in a day and half. I respond to priority emails first and catch up on the rest when I have time, every other day or so. This guy's definition of "ignoring" him is not responding within 36 hours.
    Uhm no, even still I repeatedly tried to settle it privately, but you decided to address it publicly.

Second: This guy advertised a used set of XS night sights. All he said in the description was that they were on a used pistol and that he didn't know how old they were. He made no mention about the rear sight being completely dead. That's like selling a guy some AA batteries and forgetting to mention the juice is all gone.
    Absolute nonsense. I offered you a full refund, if you refuse to trade back, than as m4arc said...you've got NO complaints.

Third: The regular Glock sights sent in partial trade were double wrapped in Ziploc bags and put in a regular envelope with tape around it. It was also sent as a "large envelope", as the lady at the counter suggested, because it would not easily pass through the regular mail slot at the post office counter. This is a reasonable way to mail a $5 set of factory Glock sights. Supposedly he received them damaged (although he has failed to send the pictures that he offered to send me first off). If there is anyone at fault for my part of the transaction it's the post office for putting the "large envelope" through regular mail.
    A ziploc bag isn't padding. A padded envelope costs less than a dollar and that's how you received yours. Basically you did it totally half-assed and you should have known that damage was at least possible if not likely.

Fourth: This guy is a nutcase. I'm engaging in "subterfuge" because I'm not willing to go through the ropes this guy put me through originally in reverse because he's not satisfied. He asked me to buy him a new set of sights because the ones sent were "gouged", I said no problem, you pay to have these night sights re-illuminated and I'll buy you a brand new set. He didn't like that, so he wanted me to package his sights back up, go back to the post office, mail him his sights, hope that he refunds my money, get my sights back, and reinstall them. All that to get back my original $5 factory Glock sights. That's so far from being reasonable it's laughable.
    Now who's being delusional? I offered a full refund of sights you called "worthless" but now you want me to pay to recharge a tritium vial in exchange for $30 and a $5 set of glock sights? That's so far from being reasonable it's not only laughable, but completely delusional.

I asked you to buy a new set of Glock sights if you weren't going to return the "worthless" ones. If you don't want to buy a new set of Glock sights, no skin off my teeth, just return my sights, I'll return yours and your $30...problem solved. That you refuse to do is not only discredits your claims of "worthless" but makes you look dishonest.

Fifth: I'm accused of "violating the terms of agreement" because I forgot the 3% for Paypal. That's $0.90 cents. In the emails this guy said that I was intentionally "playing fast and loose" and hoping that he wouldn't notice me stealing 90 cents. Are you serious? So as soon as he notified originally that I had not paid him the 3%, I immediately Paypaled him another 90 cents. He then refunds both my $30 payment and the 90 cent payment and tells me to make another payment of $30.90. Wow. So I do it. (Like I said above, not willing to go through this whole process in reverse.) I also didn't tell him to send me his sights first. I paid the $30 through Paypal, and ASKED if he would mind sending me the night sights first so that I could swap them out when they got here and not have a carry gun down. He said no. That was that, I sent mine first.
    The terms were clearly spelled out and you admit you didn't conform to those terms. It's not about $.90, it's about following through on the terms of an agreement. It's clearly stated that paypal was +3%, so either you can't read, you can't count or you deliberately tried to pull a fast one. In any case it's not my problem to address your shortcomings.

This guy sound like someone you want to deal with? He has notified me that I'm a thief and that I'm stealing his night sights (yeah, since they've been paid in full and the trade item was delivered, if not to his satisfaction) and that he's going to be reporting me to the "state AG and postmaster". Wow again. The guy selling dead batteries is going to report me as a fraud because the sights I sent him in the mail were damaged by the post office. Good one.
    You are a thief if you cheat people and take what doesn't belong to you.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Gents, cut out the name calling, stick to the facts of the deal or this thread will be sent to the trash.

The feedback forum is to give other members a better idea of who they are dealing with. Be aware that your behavior could make or break a deal in the future.
    Last edited by M4arc; 02-22-09 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    FWIW, Gunshot John has had numerous positive feedback posts since being a member here. That goes a long way in my book.

I suggest you guys take this back off line and work something out or come to some understanding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Absolute nonsense. I offered you a full refund, if you refuse to trade back, than as m4arc said...you've got NO complaints.
    Yes, you selling dead night sights and not mentioning that they're dead is a reason to complain. It's not worth my time and trouble to go through a refund process for $30. Hopefully I can have the sight re-illuminated for a reasonable price and still come out without too much of a loss.

A ziploc bag isn't padding. A padded envelope costs less than a dollar and that's how you received yours. Basically you did it totally half-assed and you should have known that damage was at least possible if not likely.
    The alleged damage to the sights is unfortunate but unforeseen. Like I said, I'll gladly buy you a new set if you pay to have the dead night sights you sent re-illuminated.

I asked you to buy a new set of Glock sights if you weren't going to return the "worthless" ones. If you don't want to buy a new set of Glock sights, no skin off my teeth, just return my sights, I'll return yours and your $30...problem solved. That you refuse to do is not only discredits your claims of "worthless" but makes you look dishonest.
    Makes me look dishonest? I haven't done a dishonest thing yet. I said I'd pay you $30 and send you a set of factory Glock sights in exchange for your "night" sights (they're not night sights if they don't glow buddy). I paid you $30 (twice), as well as sent the standard sights, just as I said I would. I have no control over the post office, and did not damage the sights myself. The only dishonest one is the dead battery salesman who neglected to mention that the batteries were dead.

The terms were clearly spelled out and you admit you didn't conform to those terms. It's not about $.90, it's about following through on the terms of an agreement. It's clearly stated that paypal was +3%, so either you can't read, you can't count or you deliberately tried to pull a fast one. In any case it's not my problem to address your shortcomings.
    This isn't an issue since I paid the extra $0.90 cents as soon as you so politely informed me that I hadn't included it in the original payment. This paranoia that I left out $0.90 cents on purpose to cheat you goes to show that you're not a reliable/stable person to do business with.

You are a thief if you cheat people and take what doesn't belong to you.
    Weird, I have a Paypal receipt to go along with your own admission that I paid you and that you received the sights sent in partial trade. What exactly is it that doesn't belong to me? Like it or not, I bought your dead night sights and to say that I stole them is absurd. If the sights I sent you were damaged in the mail then like I said, I'd be more than happy to pay for new ones just as soon as you pay to re-illuminate these "night" sights that you sent. Then we can both be happy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast