Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DrDoot

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Once again you're not giving any new information that hasn't already been addressed.

You can either chose to return the sights and get yours back with a full-refund or you can choose to follow-through on the original terms of the agreement. Failure to do either of these means you've chosen to take what does not belong to you. Far from being worthless, your actions discredit your statements.

If you're not satisfied with the trade and I'm not either than simply undo it but there was never any promise, implicit or otherwise that you would receive a new tritium lamp. Any claim to the contrary is false.

I've offered a full refund, which you refuse, I'm sorry but that's reasonable and everyone here would agree it's so.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 14:16.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Once again you're not giving any new information.

You can either chose to return the sights and get yours back with a full-refund or you can choose to follow-through.

If you're not satisfied with the trade and I'm not either than simply undo it but there was never any promise, implicit or otherwise that you would receive a new tritium lamp.

Any claim to the contrary is dishonest.

Well, you forgot to mention that the night sights you were selling were dead, I forgot to mention that I was going to purposely rig the envelope containing the regular sights so that the post office would damage them in a grand scheme of thievery. I guess we're even.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    #1. I should ban DrDoot for editing my edit of his post in the original Marketplace thread. I asked you to take it to the feedback thread (this one) and you went right back and edited it? That's a big no-no dude but I'm going to keep your account active in the hopes that you and GSJ can work something out.

#2. Take this to PMs or emails and get something worked out you both can live with.

#3. I'm positive some of our other members might have some suggestions to get this worked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    #1. I should ban DrDoot for editing my edit of his post in the original Marketplace thread. I asked you to take it to the feedback thread (this one) and you went right back and edited it? That's a big no-no dude but I'm going to keep your account active in the hopes that you and GSJ can work something out.
    Anywhere else people would be grateful to read about a dishonest seller before they send that person their money.

I like how easy this website makes it to cheat people. You can't post in the sale ad that you'll take a particular item, so it makes it 10 times easier for a scammer to sell the same item to 20 people and collect the money before being identified as a scammer. Anywhere else, you post you'll take it, you get a second dibs or two, and then everyone knows that the item is sold and they don't need to bother writing to the seller about it. And then when you have someone cheat you by selling dead night sights and not mentioning that they're dead (how do you think you'd feel about that happening to you? Whether or not a refund was offered, you'd still be out time at the very least, not to mentions problems like those listed above) you can't mention that in same thread you bought the item in in the first place, nor can you mention that there is more info about the transaction in the feedback section.

Posting in his ad to cuss him out or post a detailed letter of all that happened, I would understand, but a simple warning that there is more to the ad than meets the eye and that they might want to look into the matter more? I certainly didn't mean to commit a "big no-no", I only posted here because I don't want to see others cheated by this guy. I thank you for helping me to do that and for guiding me in the unique rules of this website. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoot View Post
    Anywhere else people would be grateful to read about a dishonest seller before they send that person their money.

I like how easy this website makes it to cheat people. You can't post in the sale ad that you'll take a particular item, so it makes it 10 times easier for a scammer to sell the same item to 20 people and collect the money before being identified as a scammer, and then when you have someone cheat you by selling dead night sights and not mentioning that they're dead (how do you think you'd feel about that happening to you? Whether or not a refund was offered, you'd still be out time at the very least, not to mentions problems like those listed above) you can't mention that in same thread you bought the item in in the first place, nor can you mention that there is more info about the transaction in the feedback section.
    Once again the only person who is cheating anyone here is you.

I've repeatedly offered you a full refund, even when you became extremely rude.

By definition this isn't cheating you.

You say the sights are worthless but you won't give them back?

Sorry but that dog don't hunt.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Once again the only person who is cheating anyone here is you.

I've repeatedly offered you a full refund, even when you became extremely rude.

By definition this isn't cheating you.

You say the sights are worthless but you won't give them back?

Sorry but that dog don't hunt.
    I've already stated, more than once, why a refund is not worth my time or money. It would cost more in gas and postage to send you back your sights than the $5 Glock sights are worth. I've wasted more than enough time on this transaction already, at least with dead night sights I may be able to have them re-illuminated for less than buying brand new ones.

By definition, it is cheating someone to sell them batteries without mentioning that the batteries are dead. An implied value of night sights is that they glow in the dark. Night sights that don't glow are not operational and should be described as such. You have not denied once that the night sights you sent were dead. So you admit to posting for sale a set of night sights, describing them simply as coming from a used pistol and being of unknown age, making no mention that the sight was dead, and then taking somebody else's money for it. That is theft.

By definition, it is not cheating someone to refuse a refund. Again and again you've called me a cheater, dishonest, and a thief because the post office damaged the sights I sent you. That's not my fault. If you had sent me what you had advertised, I would certainly have replaced what the post office damaged. You wasted my time and money (three paypal payments, un-installing regular sights, trip to the post office, and 2 dozen emails) and then demanded that I either pay for new sights for you or send back yours. It doesn't work that way good buddy. Like I said, you pay to have the dead night sight re-illuminated and I'll get you another set of $5 factory Glock sights. I suggest you take the $30 profit you made on dead night sights and go buy some new ones of your choosing instead of sending me emails accusing me of dishonesty.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You said the sights are worthless, but apparently not so worthless that you're willing to waste a 10 minute trip to the post office (if you can't mail from your work) and $3 on shipping.

Your actions contradict your words.

A trade presumes both parties are happy, in this case neither party is. So undoing the trade is the logical, reasonable outcome. If you refuse a refund than by definition you are happy with what you got. Since you didn't follow through on your end, you essentially took what doesn't belong to you by violating the terms of the agreement.

The facts speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    All that said, I'm willing to "arbitrate" if the mods of this forum are willing to render judgment.

I will abide by whatever they say if you do the same.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    Are you seriously not reading any of the above? I've already said 2-3 times why it's not worth my time to mail them back to you, and once already that I still may be able to get the sight re-illuminated for less than buying brand new ones. Would it be worth it to me again to pay $~35 for a dead night sight? No, absolutely not, but I'm cutting my losses. Again, that doesn't make me a thief, I paid and sent you the sights that we agreed on. If you have an issue with the condition in which they arrived, take it up with the post office. Offer them some dead batteries in exchange for reimbursing you for your loss. Just, as we're all aware you already know, don't tell them they're dead.

I know why you want the night sights back so badly. You have a line of people wanting to buy them for the $50 you had them listed for because the ad doesn't mention the fact that the tritium is dead. You're quite the salesman.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoot View Post
    Are you seriously not reading any of the above? I've already said 2-3 times why it's not worth my time to mail them back to you, and once already that I still may be able to get the sight re-illuminated for less than buying brand new ones. Would it be worth it to me again to pay $~35 for a dead night sight? No, absolutely not, but I'm cutting my losses. Again, that doesn't make me a thief, I paid and sent you the sights that we agreed on. If you have an issue with the condition in which they arrived, take it up with the post office. Offer them some dead batteries in exchange for reimbursing you for your loss. Just, as we're all aware you already know, don't tell them they're dead.

I know why you want the night sights back so badly. You have a line of people wanting to buy them for the $50 you had them listed for because the ad doesn't mention the fact that the tritium is dead. You're quite the salesman.
    Since you have a problem reading, not only my posts but those of the moderators.

I'm not paying to recharge the tritium vials as I never made any promise that they would be new.

You know this is an unreasonable request which is why you're offering it as a poison pill.

Again if you're unwilling to return the items for a full refund, than I'm willing to allow the mods to make the decision, your hesitancy to do so indicates you know you're on shaky ground.

Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 15:35.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast