Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DrDoot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post

I'm not paying to recharge the tritium vials as I never made any promise that they would be new.
    Well I never made any promise that I wouldn't purposely sabotage the envelope containing the factory Glock sights in a way so that they would assuredly be damaged by the post office. So I guess I should have asked if I was paying money for dead night sights, and you should have asked if I would be sending the sights in a purposely sabotaged envelope. Live and learn I guess.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoot View Post
    Well I never made any promise that I wouldn't purposely sabotage the envelope containing the factory Glock sights in a way so that they would assuredly be damaged by the post office.
    So you deliberately chose to send them in a fashion you knew would result in their damage? Classy.

Actually by engaging in the trade you had a duty to take reasonable steps to assure that the sights arrived in good condition. I shipped mine in a padded envelope...you could have done that at the VERY LEAST.

You failed in your duties either deliberately or accidentally. Either way you voided the terms of the agreement and should return the sights. Once again I will return yours and your money if you do the same.

So I guess I should have asked if I was paying money for dead night sights, and you should have asked if I would be sending the sights in a purposely sabotaged envelope. Live and learn I guess.
    I offered a full refund. By definition that means you're not paying doodly-squat for anything.

Once again, I'll agree to let the mods arbitrate if they want to wish to waste their time and you agree to abide by their decision.

If you're unwilling to even do this much, you're transparently being dishonest.

Time to put up or shut up.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 16:45.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    By the way according to DrDoot himself the NS aren't completely dead, only the rear one.

In spite of this I've repeatedly offered him a full refund and to return his sights.

That he continues to refuse indicates more than a little bad faith.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A last fact.

I received his sights this past Wednesday 2/18 due to the holiday. I was busy Wed/Thurs with work and then emailed him about this Friday morning asking simply for the balance of the $20 or new Glock sights. I said I would send his sights back in a padded envelope so can could see the damage and its cause. He acknowledges receiving my sights before I received mine. Yet he didn't have a problem with my sights until I raised the problem with his. The notion that I would deliberately damage sights I asked to receive in trade strains credulity.

As soon as he said my sights had problems, I immediately replied and offered him a refund of the money and sights and asked for my sights back. Those sights came off a pistol I had purchased used (as stated in the original thread) from a forum member here that I never even took to the range. In fact the sights he received were sent by my gunsmith/FFL who took them off as soon as I received the weapon. It's still there waiting for sights to be put on.

At every opportunity I have tried to come to a reasonable accommodation with this person. At every opportunity he has balked at returning the sights and offered nothing but insults.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    So you deliberately chose to send them in a fashion you knew would result in their damage? Classy.
    Yes, as you've already claimed numerous times, I purposely sabotaged the envelope that I was sending the sights in so that the post office would most assuredly damage the sights. It was all part of my master plan. The level of paranoia you exhibit seems unhealthy. First I purposely left out the .90 cent charge for Paypal in my other grand scheme of cheating people out of money one cent at a time, then I purposely sent you the regular Glock sights in a manner in which I just knew the Post Office would destroy. You are too clever for me, you and that dog and those meddling kids.

Actually by engaging in the trade you had a duty to take reasonable steps to assure that the sights arrived in good condition. I shipped mine in a padded envelope...you could have done that at the VERY LEAST.
    As stated already (you're repeating yourself quite a bit now), I put the $5 sights in two layers of bags and then into a regular envelope, taped up. I also paid to have it sent as a "large envelope" as the woman at the post office counter instructed me to do. That is a reasonable amount of protection for a $5 item in my opinion. If, as you claim but have failed to prove with pictures like you offered, the sights were damaged then I would have been more than willing to take responsbility and buy or send you another set of standard Glock sights. With you being a dead battery salesman, however, and selling me a dead night sight without mentioning that it was dead, I saw no reason to reimburse you for damage the post office did to the sights that I sent you. I still don't.

You failed in your duties either deliberately or accidentally. Either way you voided the terms of the agreement and should return the sights. Once again I will return yours and your money if you do the same.
    Your item was damaged by the post office and somehow I voided the terms of the agreement? You're dreaming.

I offered a full refund. By definition that means you're not paying doodly-squat for anything.
    OH! E x c e p t for the time, gas, and postage I would waste in order to return to you your non-operational item that you sent me. As I stated previously, not going to happen. You want the sights back so that you can sell them for more to somebody else who doesn't know the sight is dead. Not going to happen. You should go spend more time collecting dead batteries and selling them instead of insisting again and again that I send you back the night sights. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

If you're unwilling to even do this much, you're transparently being dishonest.

Time to put up or shut up.
    How about this, out of the goodness of my heart, even though you were dishonest in not stating that the night sight was dead, I'll reimburse you for the standard Glock sight that the post office damaged with a payment in the form of AA batteries. I don't know how old they are, and I got them used, but I'll give you a good deal.

Feedback Score
    By the way according to DrDoot himself the NS aren't completely dead, only the rear one.
    Yes, as I stated in your for sale ad that has been deleted, the rear sight is dead. But I guess if I was a better shot I would only need a front sight and shouldn't be bothered that you didn't mention the rear was dead. They must only make front and rear sights, that glow at the same time, for amateurs.

In spite of this I've repeatedly offered him a full refund and to return his sights.

That he continues to refuse indicates more than a little bad faith.
    Yes, that I refuse to have anything more to do with a man who stole my money selling me a dead night sight is obviously bad faith on my part.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mods?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mmmm...what planet are you from?

How can I steal your money if I've offered numerous times to give it back? That defies basic common sense.

The only person here who's refusing to return what does not belong to them is you.

I'd be more than happy to return your money, if you return the sights. That you continue to refuse, and even refuse to let the moderators arbitrate continues to highlight your bad faith. That you continue to make baseless accusations to cover for your bad faith says far more about you than I ever could.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-22-09 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    A last fact.

I received his sights this past Wednesday 2/18 due to the holiday. I was busy Wed/Thurs with work and then emailed him about this Friday morning asking simply for the balance of the $20 or new Glock sights. I said I would send his sights back in a padded envelope so can could see the damage and its cause. He acknowledges receiving my sights before I received mine. Yet he didn't have a problem with my sights until I raised the problem with his. The notion that I would deliberately damage sights I asked to receive in trade strains credulity.
    This is not a fact, last or otherwise. I received the night sights on Thursday and did not have the time to write a complaint until Friday, when I received the email about the other sights.

As soon as he said my sights had problems, I immediately replied and offered him a refund of the money and sights and asked for my sights back. Those sights came off a pistol I had purchased used (as stated in the original thread) from a forum member here that I never even took to the range. In fact the sights he received were sent by my gunsmith/FFL who took them off as soon as I received the weapon. It's still there waiting for sights to be put on.
    So it's your gunsmith's fault that you sent me a dead night sight without mentioning that it was dead before I sent you three paypal payments and a set of regular sights for them?

Feedback Score
    Mmmm...what planet are you from?

How can I steal your money if I've offered numerous times to give it back? That defies basic common sense.

The only person here who's refusing to return what does not belong to them is you.

I'd be more than happy to return your money, if you return the sights. That you continue to refuse, and even refuse to let the moderators arbitrate continues to highlight your bad faith. That you continue to make baseless accusations to cover for your bad faith says far more about you than I ever could.
    BASELESS ACCUSATIONS? You sent me a dead night sight and made no mention of it. If you're selling something it's understood to be in working condition unless otherwise stated. You've admitted you sent a dead night sight, without mentioning it in the for sale ad, and yet my accusations are BASELESS? Anybody out there would be upset at receiving something that is obviously not operational when no mention was made of the fact beforehand.

I don't have a thing that doesn't belong to me. I paid for the sights and sent the partial trade item as promised. If they were damaged in transit take it up with the post office. Normally, if it were someone who didn't just sell me something that was obviously non-operational, I'd help out. If you want to have good relations with those you do business with, don't sell them things that don't work. You don't post a car with a blown engine for sale at half of it's new value, saying only that it's used and you don't know how old it is. That is dishonest whether you make some attempt at a refund afterwards or not. You've broken trust, you can't expect someone to want to have anything more to do with you. In the future, you might want to mention that a gun doesn't work, that a car has a blown engine, or that the night sight you're selling is completely dead.

Now, you've revealed all of the "facts", as you call them, of this transaction. Stop posting and let those who read about you decide whether or not I'm a "dishonest" "thief" because the post office damaged some stock Glock sights, or whether it's actually you who is at fault for selling me dead night sights (gee, that's a tough one). You have no further reason to post, unless to repeat yourself further and tell me that you've "made every attempt to give a refund" for the 23rd time. Go find some dead batteries to sell, or better yet a car with a blown engine.
    Last edited by DrDoot; 02-22-09 at 22:58.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast