Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal TRU 55gr JSP

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    A cheap practice round?
    Yup. Spendier, but certainly better than, the AE223.

And if it can be shipped rather than backordered, it's got a use.

Feedback Score
    We used to use a JSP round in our patrol rifles but found that after a while the soft point on the top round in the mag flattened out from either being dropped or just riding around our neglected streets. Either way thought I don't even want to begin to think what that bullet would do once it left the barrel. We ended up switching to Remington 55gr Power lokt. Chief decided that it was a good round even though we researched for weeks and liked the bonded stuff from Federal. But it rides so much better in the cars I'm not going to complain too much.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We are stuck with this round for right now. I'm meeting resistance in getting it out of inventory. I'm trying to get the SPEER .223 GDHP for our members. After being present for two ballistic gel shoots where the .223 SPEER Gold Dot HP was tested, I think it is a good selection if you cannot afford to purchase the bonded rounds.

Feedback Score
    I wish you the best of luck.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have presented the data to the powers that be. I don't know how it will turn out, but most of the other officers have been made aware of the situation. Thank you for all your help.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Update

I just wanted to give an update on our department's rifle duty ammo. We just purchased Federal Tactical Bonded 55 grain. I couldn't be happier. Due in no small part to Dr. Gary Roberts and his invaluable ballistic data. I would like to give a big thanks to Dr. Roberts for all his help.

Feedback Score
    My pleasure--I am very glad you got a good load.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    I'm trying to get the SPEER .223 GDHP for our members. After being present for two ballistic gel shoots where the .223 SPEER Gold Dot HP was tested, I think it is a good selection if you cannot afford to purchase the bonded rounds.
    If you are referring to the Speer 64 grain Gold Dot, it is a bonded bullet. Also, it's a JSP, not a hollow point.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12