Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Magpul parts

Feedback Score

What Magpul parts

What magpul parts do you recommend, for a carbine?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PMAGs, CTR/UBR/MOE, MIAD Grip, Enhanced Trigger Guard (I got meat paws and will be moving up north eventually so will want to shoot year round)

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    All of them.
    Seriously.
    If magpull makes a part chances are it is better than what is on a stock gun.

I use MIAD grips and enhanced trigger guards, I do tend to use VLTOR stocks more than Magpul although this has mainly been a financial and availability desicion.

I will admit I am not a fan of the MOE handguards though.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget a MAGPUL lower.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Don't forget a MAGPUL lower.
    I wish

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magfed556 View Post
    What magpul parts do you recommend, for a carbine?

Without knowing what you plans to do with it, and what type of carbine you were looking at doing it to, I may be giving misleading info with an answer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Without knowing what you plans to do with it, and what type of carbine you were looking at doing it to, I may be giving misleading info with an answer.
    Although we can probably deduce quite a bit from the original question.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

PMAGS, Enhanced Trigger Guard, UBR, MIAD, have not tried the rest of the stuff.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Although we can probably deduce quite a bit from the original question.

I'll have to disagree, a MOE or CTR may work well for his purposes, but if he is throwing on a scope and will be doing only precision work, the PRS may be a better bet. There is no point in recommending XTM panels, if he is looking to replace his handguard with a MOE HG. Is he looking to outfit a complete weapon, or is $30 top money for this project?

Guessing or recommending one thing may very well lead him down the wrong path. Without knowing anything about him, or his weapon, its unfair to label him with assumptions and predictions.

Just because its the internet doesn't mean he isn't entitled to a quality answer, and I don't see how he is able to get that without giving a little info first.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My point was that the vagueries of the question typically indicate the amount of thought that goes into them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast