Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutrunner View Post
    Single Shot Trust's
    What's that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What's that?
    It's Silencer Shop's way of making the trust. Each suppressor gets a single trust and is named using the suppressor serial number, after getting approved you can use an addendum form and add other peoples names to the trust and make them legal to use.

https://www.silencershop.com/single-shot-trust.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutrunner View Post
    It's Silencer Shop's way of making the trust. Each suppressor gets a single trust and is named using the suppressor serial number, after getting approved you can use an addendum form and add other peoples names to the trust and make them legal to use.
    Thanks for the explanation. That seems like a lot of hassle. I'm glad that I don't let others touch my guns when I'm not around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. That seems like a lot of hassle. I'm glad that I don't let others touch my guns when I'm not around.
    Really pretty easy. It allows me to add my wife or kids (when they turn 18) to the trust without doing all the fingerprints and other stuff. I wanted family to have access to a suppressed weapon if I'm not there and have no worries. When the kids move out and I find the next greatest suppressor, their names are on the trust, and as long as I'm alive, they can have my older suppressors as listed trustees. When I die, they fill out the form for transfer of NFA, pay the tax, and they own all of my NFA stuff. Prior to then, they just operate under my single shot trusts, carry a copy of the trust, copy of the tax stamp paper, and a copy of the addendum that has them listed. Doesn't have to be family.

My brother in law has the same mounting system as I do, Keymo, but different suppressors. We can trade and play around even though we live in different states.

If it's just you and always will be, not something you need. You are correct, your way is easiest but maybe not as fun.

Feedback Score
    That makes sense. My kids and wife are interested, but not enough to want to mess with my toys when I'm not around. BTW, when an individual passes away, NFA items transfer to the family tax free. I'd think the same would apply to a trust, but I don't know how that works given that the trust doesn't die when an individual dies.

Feedback Score
    e-Form 1 for SBR
    Submitted 9/18
    Approved 10/6
    Actually only took 7 business days from the time they received my prints.

Feedback Score
    eform 1 for an SBR
    Submitted 8/19/2020
    Mailed my prints same day

Still Waiting. First time I've filed a form 1, and feels like it's lost somewhere. Called the number and they said form 1's are averaging 90 days?

Feedback Score
    double post by mistake.
    Last edited by Carey322; 10-21-21 at 19:03. Reason: double post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey322 View Post
    eform 1 for an SBR
    Submitted 8/19/2020
    Mailed my prints same day

Still Waiting. First time I've filed a form 1, and feels like it's lost somewhere. Called the number and they said form 1's are averaging 90 days?
    Did you mail your prints with cover letter certified mail so you can see when the ATF received it? Also, I’m sure you did, but did you include the cover letter with your prints?
    Last edited by DoubleW; 10-21-21 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Did you mail your prints with cover letter certified mail so you can see when the ATF received it? Also, I’m sure you did, but did you include the cover letter with your prints?
    No, I did not send them certified mail. Yes, I did include the cover letter. I called the number in the confirmation email, but didn’t get much info. He said it looked like all of my paperwork was there. Basically told me I had to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 453 of 490 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463 ... LastLast