Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

i just got another stamp today. it was mailed to the ATF on October 28. just shy of FOUR freakin months just to transfer a suppressor.

also, i'm waiting on another suppressor to transfer to my dealer. the mfg said they filed the paperwork in late November. I've never had a dealer-to-dealer transfer take longer than 4 weeks before.

this is really just beyond nuts.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 08-05-09 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you got to think of the ATF being slam because of our new prez.I would hate to be working in that dept they probaly have stacks and stacks of transfers waiting

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well those F'ers should use some of our tax stamp money and hire some for stiffs. Good golly!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakjakman View Post
    Well those F'ers should use some of our tax stamp money and hire some for stiffs. Good golly!
    yelp I agree with that 100%

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW, back in the old days (1980s)the wait was usually one to two years. I sent two Form 4s together for two sub guns. The Swedish K took around nine months and the Thompson took eighteen. It would seem that if one was approved the other would be approved at the same time but things were different back then. I hope ATF is not going back to those "good old days".

It's a good bet it will get slower as Title II transfers will not be on Os priority list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakjakman View Post
    You don't really believe that hiring more Civil Servants can help improve things, can you? Do you honestly think that a larger government is going to move faster?

That's like expecting 9 women to give birth in a month!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    i just got another stamp today. it was mailed to the ATF on October 28. just shy of FOUR freakin months just to transfer a suppressor.

also, i'm waiting on another suppressor to transfer to my dealer. the mfg said they filed the paperwork in late November. I've never had a dealer-to-dealer transfer take longer than 4 weeks before.

this is really just beyond nuts.
    My suppressor paperwork was mailed on Nov. 17 and approved on Feb. 6. My SBR paperwork in 2007 took just four weeks. The wait times are crazy.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 02-27-09 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My first NFA transfer, a SBS, took 9 months in 2005.

Even this increased wait time due to the high volume of transfers seems short by comparison.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just got the call that my approved Form 4 (on an RLT) for my .22R suppressor came in today. It took 8 weeks to go "Pending" from the time I mailed it. And another 16 calendar days for them to complete the investigation AND mail the paperwork to the Class III Dealer.

The squirrels are not going to like this!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    yeah Jeff, i had a quick transfer too, right after the move to WV. it was nice while it lasted...

Carlos, be sure to post a pic when you get your freezer full of squirrel meat!

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast